Language Manager (English, Arabic)
|Post Name||Language Manager|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AED 6000 To AED 7000 Per Month|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates 00000|
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience as an Arabic translator, localization specialist, linguist, copywriter, writer, or editor.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Arabic fluently.
- MBA, Master’s degree, or equivalent program management experience.
- Experience within the creative, localization, journalism, public communications, or online marketing/advertising industry.
- Experience in partner/stakeholder management while working across cross-functional teams and time zones.
- Ability to manage multiple and diverse stakeholders across businesses and leadership levels.
- Excellent communication/presentation skills.
About the job
Google is a universally recognized name. The Localization team helps Google’s ideas and products look, feel, and sound natural to users in their own countries. We collaborate with international Engineering, Product, and Marketing teams to steer products through the localization process and ensure successful launches across the globe. Our team is an international collection of enthusiastic, creative, and knowledgeable people who excel in a fast-paced, culturally diverse environment. You are an excellent communicator who plays a strategic role by building relationships with partner teams to establish needs, deadlines, and budgets. You will flex your project management skills in order to ensure that our Localization process runs effectively and efficiently.
As a Language Manager, you’ll develop an understanding of market expectations for localization quality and how Google’s products fit in the market. You will work with local teams to develop specific terminology for features and products. You will be building relationships with partner teams to establish needs, deadlines, and budgets.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of trusted advisors support customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skills, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
To learn more about gTech, check out our video.
- Develop a good understanding of market expectations for localization quality and how Google’s products fit in the market.
- Create and meaningfully evolve Arabic language guidelines (e.g., style guide, terminology) and Arabic language strategy for Google while taking input from users, stakeholders, and tech language industry trends into account.
- Enable native language experience for users by creating an Arabic language strategy.
- Engage regularly with local stakeholders (e.g., marketing, public relation, and product teams) to understand their priorities, and share updates on language strategy and global localization services.
- Ensure Google’s translation quality while reviewing the extended workforce’s delivery of high-quality translations in order to verify alignment with Google’s language standards and to identify issues.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form.