|Hiring Organization||Catholic Independent Schools of Vancouver Archdiocese|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 22 To CAD 25 Per Hour|
|Location||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5K0B5|
WHO WE ARE
The Catholic Independent Schools of the Vancouver Archdiocese (the CISVA) operates 46 schools – 40 elementary and 6 high schools. Our schools are located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area, near the best sites and attractions that Vancouver and British Columbia have to offer. Our footprint extends over 250 kilometers from Powell River in the west to Chilliwack in the east.
We are a culturally diverse faith-based family. We offer more than a place of work – we provide a call to your teaching vocation where you can work and live your faith in a supportive community.
We are a vibrant school system with many schools and program expansion projects in the future. We offer spiritual and professional growth and mentorship opportunities for new teachers to help them with their transition into the CISVA.
WHY TEACH WITH THE SIVA
- Teach in a faith-based and culturally diverse school environment
- The classroom is available upon hire. Not necessary to sit on the TOC list.
- Mentorship and monthly opportunities for professional development
- Competitive salary and excellent Benefits Package, including CPP, Extended Medical, Dental
- Schools located throughout the Greater Vancouver Area and Powell River, close to the beauty and adventure that British Columbia has to offer
- If you live outside of the Greater Vancouver Area, learn more about claiming moving expenses on your next tax return on the Government of Canada website.
We are looking for a Grade 7 Teacher who could start soon. Our wonderful Catholic School is focused on helping our students grow in a vibrant, faith-filled, and engaging project-based learning community. Enjoy all that our school has to offer, a great staff, professional development opportunities, a wide range of resources, and a beautiful working environment.
Successful applicants will meet the CISVA application criteria; have a Bachelor’s Degree, and have Teacher certification (pending certification from TRB is fine). The individual will have an understanding and experience in planning and teaching. The skills to contribute to our extracurricular athletics program are an asset. Salary extended health and pension benefits as per CISVA scale. If you’re interested in working at Holy Trinity School, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Create your Make a Future profile
- Complete all profile sections, including Provincial Certificates, Qualifications, Education, Experience, and Questions
- Complete and add all required application documents to your profile (see below)
REQUIRED APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
- BC Teaching Certificate
- Criminal Record Check (if you are outside of BC)
- Cover Letter
- Proof of Eligibility to Work in Canada (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Citizenship Card, Permanent Residence, etc.)
- Baptismal Certificate
- Catholic Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- University Transcripts
- Teacher Practicum Evaluation
- Philosophy of Education
- Two Recent Reference Letters (Professional & Character)
- Applicant Declaration for Catholics or Applicant Declaration for Non-Catholics
- Verification of Teaching Experience (TOC and EA not applicable)
- Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Catholic applicants) or Non-Catholic Pastoral Reference (for Non-Catholic applicants)