Warehouse General Manager
|Post Name||Warehouse General Manager|
|Qualification||High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree preferred.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 35 To CAD 40 Per Hour|
|Location||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5K 0A1|
We are ShipHero (shiphero.com). We are a cloud-built platform entrusted by hundreds of e-commerce companies, large and small, helping manage inventory, and ship orders to customers. Many of our customers sell on Shopify and/or Amazon. We’re driven to help our customers grow their businesses, by providing a platform that solves complex problems while engineered to be reliable and fast. We are obsessed with building great technology that is beautiful and easy to use. Our culture also reflects our ethos and belief that by bringing passionate, talented, and great people together – we can all do great things.
We are looking for a dynamic and proven leader to assume responsibility for the operations and people within the facility.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the warehouse; schedules and organizes staff to ensure proper staffing of all shifts.
- Hires and trains new warehouse employees.
- Manages discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities of the Position:
- Ensures efficient warehouse operations through collaboration and coordination with other departments.
- Ensure and maintain service level agreements.
- Completes all required management reports and manages within the warehouse budget.
- Researchers collaborate, identify, and present the latest ideas to improve warehouse operations.
- Attends and participates in regularly scheduled and impromptu meetings.
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state, local, and company safety policies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree preferred.
- At least five years of related experience is required.
- Three years of supervisory and leadership experience is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent supervisory, leadership, and people skills.
- Thorough understanding of warehouse policies and procedures.
- A sense of urgency and self-motivation.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems and issues.
- Thorough understanding of applicable federal, provincial, local, and company safety policies.
Position Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time/duration of shift.
- Must be able to hear and see in accordance with safety measures in the warehouse.
- Must be able to traverse and access all areas of the warehouse.
ShipHero is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, military status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law.