HGV Driver Category C
For this full-time position of 40 hours per week on night shift, we operate on a rotating shift pattern so flexibility is required. Weekend and Bank Holiday working is included in all patterns.
You’ll fit right into Greggs as an HGV Category C Driver if:
- You’re enthusiastic, reliable and take pride in your role as a professional driver.
- You’ve held a Category C driving license for at least 1 year (Maximum 6 penalty points).
- You have an up-to-date Driver CPC card and training.
- You have HGV driving experience.
- You have a great eye for the detail, and the passion to do a great job every day.
- You’ve ideally worked as a multi-drop driver within the food industry previously.
- You are able to meet shift requirements.
- You are supportive of an inclusive culture – recognising and valuing that difference is good.
- You are a great team player – respectful and appreciative towards our Greggs Family.
- You are friendly, honest and hardworking and enjoy some fun at work!
What we can offer
We believe in investing in our business and our people; you will drive one of our modern fleet of refrigerated LGVs, fitted with the latest technology and safety features such as Telematics and vehicle cameras. Annual CPC training is provided along with advanced training to assist you to drive in a safe and fuel-efficient manner.
As a direct employee of Greggs, there are a whole range of perks that you can take advantage of.
- Career progression and brilliant training programmes.
- Employee Staff Discount up to 50% off our food.
- Holiday entitlement starting at 4.2 weeks and increasing with service, plus bank holidays (Pro-rata for part time).
- Profit share scheme (after 6 months service).
- Plus, much more!
Read all about our fantastic benefits by clicking here.
We love to see our people flourish and go as far as they want to with their careers with Greggs, so if you want to progress further in the future, we’ll support you every step of the way.
What you’ll do
Our HGV Category C Drivers play a vital part in making sure that the nations favourite products are delivered to our shops on time and in full. You’ll need to make sure all of the safety checks have been met and you’ll carry out multi drop deliveries of chilled, frozen and ambient goods to our shops on a daily basis, including bank holidays and weekends.
Here at Greggs, we love what we do and we have fun! What makes Greggs so special is our culture – the way we are, the way we behave and the way we support each other. We’re hard-working, but above all else we’re family; and it doesn’t matter who you are, where you’re from or what your favourite bake is, we’d love you to join us! We want everyone to feel welcome at Greggs and our colleagues to be able to be themselves at work, whatever their background, preferences, or views.
If you don’t already have a profile on the Greggs Family site, set one up and you’ll be ready to apply for any roles that take your fancy. If you need help or have any questions, we are here for you.