University of Toronto
Finance Jobs in Canada for Indian
The University of Toronto is a trailblazer not only in academia and research but also in ensuring operational excellence. U of T’s Facilities and Services group works diligently to make sure all stakeholders have a safe, clean, comfortable, attractive and sustainable environment in which to learn, teach and play. The Facilities & Services portfolio includes the operation and stewardship of over $3.5 billion in physical assets at the St. George campus situated in the heart of Canada’s largest city. We manage and provide service to over 120 buildings totaling 12 million square feet plus the operation and management of an extensive district energy system supporting more than 150 buildings. Not only are we One of Canada’s Best Employers, we are one of Canada’s Greenest Employers.
Under the general direction of the Senior Manager, Property Management, and working with the Commercial Property Management team, the incumbent is responsible for coordinating administrative activities for the Commercial Property Management Group, in accordance with University and department policy and procedures. They will facilitate the delivery of various services to University tenants, clients and customers. Responsibilities include the full accounting cycle for the commercial properties, to also process projects with a total cost less than $100,000; create service orders and purchase orders. Process tenant recoveries, calculate project management fees; complete account transfers, resolving invoice or billing enquiries that are in-line with the commercial property budgets. Complete the financial closure of projects, supporting budget forecasting, reforecasting and expenditure planning; producing complex reports monthly, quarterly and yearly in addition to financial statements for internal requirements and tenants; creating and maintaining databases for filing systems; coordinating insurance claims; designingforms; supervising department administrative assistants. Assisting with departmental budgeting, variance analysis and reporting. Will be required to coordinate with Real Estate and the Facilities & Services finance departments to ascertain the information to generate various reports for the tenants.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Forecasting and planning financial activities incorporating budgets with multiple sources of revenue and/or recoveries
- Monitoring, recording, reconciling and/or reporting on funding accounts for grants and contracts
- Generating standard financial reports
- Keeping well-informed on purchasing and/or procurement policies and procedures
- Produce tenant statements that are required for year end adjustments
- Applying the University Guide to Financial Management and other applicable policies, agency and regulatory requirements
- Implementing plans and process improvements for financial administration activities
- Liaising with internal contacts to resolve accounting, payroll and/or HRIS processing issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business administration or equivalent combination of education and experience in the broader public sector
- Minimum three years experience in business administration and professional accounting
- Minimum three years experience in the broader public sector, preferably in a University setting
- Experience in retail/commercial real estate property accounting
- Experience in commercial recovery
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office
- Advanced proficiency with SAP
- Strong numerical and financial aptitude.
- Working knowledge of various accounting software
- Good leadership and supervisory skills
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical and organizationalabilities.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and precise attention to detail.
- Strong administrative and communication skills.
- Experience with Yardi voyager
To be successful in this role you will be:
- Problem solver