1. Cancel Train E-Ticket Online with Login
If you have registered in IRCTC then using login credentials you can cancel the IRCTC train e-ticket online easily in just a few steps.
Railway E-Ticket can be canceled only online means if you have booked a ticket and want to cancel it then you must have the internet to cancel it Online because Offline at Railway Station reservation counter face to face cancellation is not available for an online booked ticket.
Below are the steps to cancel IRCTC E-Ticket:
- Step1: Go to the IRCTC website and navigate on Trains-->Cancel Ticket-->E-tickets from the main menu
- Step2: Login with your account and your booked tickets will be displayed.
- Step3: Select a ticket to be canceled then click on Cancel Ticket button.
- Step4: Select the person and click on the displayed Cancel Ticket button.
- Step5: Click on the OK button on confirmation popup.
In the screen, the refunded amount will be displayed. You can print the ticket also.
E-Ticket can NOT be canceled after Chart preparation, you must cancel E-Ticket before Chart preparation, it is usually done before 4 hours of scheduled departure of the train from the source station.
2. Cancel Train IRCTC E-Ticket without Login
You can cancel irctc e-ticket without login by sending an email from your registered email id to,
Following details you have to mention in your email content:
- PNR Number
- From/To Station
- Train number, Journey Date with Person name whose ticket to be canceled
The subject line of the email should be in the below format:
Cancel ticket: PNR ______________- Train No. ______