11 Fun things to do in Ottawa This Sat & Sun
Travelling brings the spur of happiness in one’s life. Feel joyful, be amazed and then don’t forget to appreciate the splendid medley of our beautiful planet. Travelling makes one person incredibly happy. Open the window to the world, the greater joys of life are waiting for us. The amazing beauty of the sunsets from the sea shores, a mystic sound of the waterfalls and the majestic snow-capped mountains are welcoming you to tap eternal joy and happiness of life.
The amazing beauty of the sunsets from the sea shores, a mystic sound of the waterfalls and the majestic snow-capped mountains are welcoming you to tap eternal joy and happiness of life.
This great city of utmost happiness gives you opportunities for the lot of entertainment things to do in the upcoming weekend, incredible fun moments to capture and relish for entire life.
What are you waiting for??? Let us take you to the wonderful places in Ottawa with the rendition of a mosaic of cultures and panoramic natural beauty.
Ottawa – The city that never sleeps!
Ottawa is the capital of Canada – a metropolitan destination bubbling with a plethora of tourist attractions for those want to move away from the monotony of work and life and also exquisite food joints to tantalize your taste buds.
Highly Trusted Work-From-Home Jobs:
Recommended Interview Questions To Crack Any Interview:
The numerous spectacular natural and cultural wonders of Ottawa are listed below:
1. Gatineau Park : Treasure Trove of Natural Charm
This picturesque park is sprawling across around ninety thousand acres of captivating green carpeted lands opened at the northern side of downtown Ottawa. The park has wonderful trails, beaches, campgrounds and parkways with stunning natural views for numerous fun things to do like hiking, swimming, walking, cycling, mountain biking, rock climbing, boating, fishing, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. The tourists traveling with pets can enjoy walking trails only.
14 Visual Delights at Gatineau Park
Des Fees Lake Trail – Situated at the southern end of Gatineau Park is bird watchers’ paradise running along Des Fees Lake. It is apt for new hikers as hiking is quite easy here.
Pioneer Trail – This 1.3 km long trail is sure to enchant you with its rustic surroundings.
Pink Lake Trail – It is 2-5 km long spectacular trail that goes around a turquoise color crystal clear Pink Lake offering the hikers with one hour of phenomenal hiking experience. Add to more fun moments by visiting here during the fall season with magical colors of a rainbow. Selfie Time Indeed!!
King Mountain Trail – The trail is 1.9 km long towards Eardley Escarpment that displays rich potpourri of magical ten lookouts full of epic beauty. The dazzling view of evergreen hemlock trees enveloping the trail will certainly make you whistle in glee.
Eardley Escarpment – It is an abundantly rich ecosystem in Gatineau Park providing a home to many rare species of fauna and flora.
Eardley Escarpment in Ottawa-Gatineau Park
Champion Trail – is the crowning beauty of Eardley Escarpment with exquisite flora.
Luskville Falls Trail – is stretched to 4.5 km at the rocky slope of the Eardley Escarpment where one can enjoy magnificent and serene sights of Ottawa River valley. It proposes quite a challenge hiking tour because of steep hills.
Lauriault and Waterfalls Loop – This 3 km long waterfall Trail is situated at Mackenzie King Estate.
Meech Lake – is swimmers’ heaven with two A class beaches O’Brien and Blanchet.
Philippe Lake – gives delightful experiences to the swimmers for various fun things to do along with excellent beaches like Breton, Parent and Smith.
La Peche Lake – has A grade La Peche Beach.
Leamy Lake – offers A grade Leamy Beach.
Lusk Cave – Explore this architectural delight in the Philippe Lake area. But don’t forget to carry an extra pair of shoes, flashlight, and safety helmet while unraveling the cave.
Mackenzie King Estate – Enter here and feel like in the time machine that takes you back to the early 1900s. The relaxing stroll through panoramic gardens and historic remnants is sure to entice you.
Fun Activities to do at Gatineau Park
Numerous activities like boating, cross-country skiing, cycling, mountain & snow biking, walking, dog walking, fishing, hiking, horseback riding, skating, picnicking, snowshoeing and swimming are the main recreational activities that make Gatineau Park a year-round destination. So, what are you waiting for???
Cross-country skiing during Winter
2. Rideau Canal – An Iconic landmark
This gorgeous canal has made its way through downtown Ottawa and it is said that a large part of this UNESCO world Heritage Site was been dug out by hands – Unbelievable it is!
What Fun Things to do?
1. Rideau Canal Cruises’ electric bateau mouche is another good option to hop on and glide along the canal.
2. You may even get a rented canoe, kayak or pedal boat to move on your own for the delightful exploration of the canal.
3. Even the lovely banks of the canal invite you to have a romantic stroll there.
4. Planning to go there in winters? A paradise for skaters – the frozen Rideau canal metamorphosed into Rideau Canal Skateway, the largest skating rink in the world by Guinness World Record. So, hurry up, put on your skates and fancy the amazing gliding experience.
Rideau Canal Skateway at Night
5. Enjoy a boat ride to explore this scenic canal.
- 9 Best Fun Places to Travel in the US
- Top 10 Adventurous Holiday Destinations to visit in 2016
- 9 Cheap Last Minute Weekend Getaways For Couples
3. Rideau Falls – Awe-Inspiring Twin Waterfalls
The eternal beauty of these twin waterfalls is bestowed due to divine union of Rideau river and Ottawa river. These falls are the perfect host for various fun things to do.
Fun Things to do in Rideau Falls – How to enjoy to the Brim?
- Hire an Ottawa River boat to zoom closer to the heavenly waterfalls and voila capture the moment of the lifetime.
- You may opt for guided boat cruise and here it takes you to the most iconic view of this beautiful city – the parliament hill and the Canadian Museum of History.
- Need more photographs to be clicked…move a little further from the downtown core and visit marvelous Hog’s Back Falls – platter full of photographic opportunity.
The Parliament Hill
Few Images of The Canadian Museum of History
Shopping and Dining @ Downtown Rideau
The premier shopping destination of Ottawa with the host of fine dining restaurants is sure to visit.
- Just one dollar per piece, the fresh oysters and shrimps tickle the palette.
- Rustic menus to be relished in cozy rooms of Novotel Ottawa Hotel is an experience to relish.
- Mélange of international cuisine and art gallery with revolving artifacts sums up an amazingly fulfilling experience.
4. The Amazing Night Life
The cocktail of bars, pubs, nonstop dancing, gender-defying theatrical shows makes the nightlife at Ottawa an unforgettable and incredible experience. Block your dates for listed fun things to do in Ottawa at night:
- Hook on to the live entertainment at hotspots like Zaphod Beeblebrox and The Mercury Lounge.
- If you are a casino-freaky, then try your luck with lady charm along with your side at the Casino du Lac-Leamy near downtown Ottawa with more than 1800 slot machines (they are just like your favourites at https://www.golden-slot.com/, but real). Poker tables and roulette.
- Paint your nights blue with immeasurable fun things to do at Liquor Store Party Bar at 130 York street with “Keg Nights”, “Flashback Fridays” and “Dimanche We Party” in BCBG.
- Here comes Thursday and hit The Great Canadian Cabin , 95 York Street and rock on to all the country hits – A dreamy musical night!
- Pub 101 is a great place to hang out with friends relishing food and beer watching your favorite game.
- Fancy touching the stars, come to Zaphod Beeblebrox, the cosmic-themed nightclub with upcoming musical bands offering notorious themes like “Electronic Mondays”, “Breakdown Wednesday” and “Trailor Park Bingo Sundays”- the whole week is packed with myriad of fun things to do.
- The Whiskey Bar is another blend of enjoying the whiskey with dancing at Dj.
- The Vineyard’s Wine Bar Bistros candlelit cellar is the awesome place to go with your date.
- If you are music savvy, The Mercury Lounge is the right choice from electronic, house, soul to jazz and funk.
- If you want some sophistication with VIP bottled service and live entertainment that too at a rooftop patio, you must explore Kavali Nightclub at 34 Clarence Street.
- Heart and Crown Irish Pubs and Tequila Jack’s and Dodge City too are the nightspots you don’t wanna miss for lifting your mood to the best of the beats and ambiance for infinite fun things to do too.
The burgeoning nightlife of Ottawa takes you to the breathtaking vistas mingling with the ravishing crowd, thundering music, and dazzling lights to sore your legs and soak you up fully.
5. Theatre Lover – Get, Set, Go!!!
The distinct theatrical acts from Ottawa make you laugh your head off. No strings attached to the fun things to do here –
- From melodious symphonies, magical musicians to fancy dances and stunning theater performance – The National Art Cinema is ready to entice you.
- Experience the dark comedies and whimsical musicals that touch your soul, The Great Canadian Theatre Company, and The Gladstone have all to give you butterflies.
The Great Canadian Theatre Company
The Gladstone Theatre
- Top 10 Best Holiday Destinations in India in 2016
- Top 10 Adventurous Holiday Destinations in India 2016
- What Do I Want to Do With My life?
6. Carp Fair – Fun Unlimited!
Pep up your love for countryside views and soul touching music at Carp fair. The thrilling live music adds to more fun. Infinitely long list of fun things to do at Carp Fair is unfolded here for you to peep into…
- To dip you into music from head to toe, there is music line up from the Ryan Brothers, Flashback, Michelle Wright to Gail Gavan and much more.
- Dash up the thrill of your kids in the exciting Family Circle Tents watching magic shows and the Rock Art Puppets.
- Ag Tents are great more fun with a unique experience of agricultural learning and amusing rides, miniature trains.
- Fancy world-class horse shows and President’s Choice Super Dogs – Block your dates at Carp Fair!
World-Class Horse Shows in Ottawa
Book tickets online @ http://carpfair.ca/
7. Calypso Theme Water Park
Navigate this largest theme water park of Canada in Limoges about thirty-five kilometers east of Ottawa. The numerous water slides and water games, largest wave pool, Theme Rivers and the Summit Tower offer the plethora of fun things to do.
- Hitch on your excitement on Adrenaline Ride sliding swiftly upon the walls of the track.
- A sure bash for the thrill- seekers turning inside out in the Back Hole that guarantees mega chills in a twilight.
- Scream your heart out while plunging down into a dark tunnel and get ready to ride into the sky when shot by Boomerang.
- Countless fun things to do in Canada’s largest wave pool – poking on the cozy beach under the sun and you may splash the high tides braving the gushing waves.
- The breathtaking Canyon Rafting gives you the experience of the lifetime – hurry!
- The awesome bumpy ride on slithery and silky track holds your funny bone tightly.
- Tap the child in you and get ready for epic Jungle Challenge offering spunky adventures and numerous fun things to do like walking on the logs, crocodiles, water lilies and much more – Be gutsy then!
- Jungle Run is another fun-filled activity that thrills you, chills you and drenches you thoroughly in the wild.
- The clandestine river, willful lemurs, gigantic beasts and slimy reptiles in wilderness leave you to avoid Kongo Expedition – Come and Explore!
- Plentiful of fun things to do at Pirate’s Aquaplay drenches you into hundreds of water games like boarding splendid ship equipped with sails, ropes, water cannons, slides and wooden walkways – Cowboy hat is simply wow to wear!
- Don’t forget to feel the frenzy sliding in the terrific Summit Tower, the tallest waterslide tower in North America – Yes you hear right!!
- Scream your lungs out with hell lot of fun things to do at twisting turbulence switches, scary Vertigo slides, Zoomerang’s steep chute and feel awesome in the zoo-themed lagoon.
Few More Images of Cаnаdіаn Tіrе Cеntrе
The park also has VIP area to suit to your privacy with twenty-three private cabanas and ten deluxe suites, restaurants, juice box to serve you energetic juices to make up your energy loss during adventure rides – oh yes, famous Calypso cocktails are big yessss!
Buy something like hats, stuffed animals, and swimwear for friends and relatives from Calypso’s Friends Boutique.
For further queries and online booking, please visit – http://www.calypsopark.com/
8. Canadian Tire Centre
It is a multi-purpose indoor arena in Ottawa located in the western suburb of Kanata. Before the show or game, it is an ideal place to satisfy your taste buds in number of choices available like:
- Upscale sports bar, Bert’s, Club Red or Chek Point for pub style food and ambiance.
- After the sumptuous meal, an array of fun things to do is unwrapped to bang on –
- If you are an Art and Theatre lover, infinite entertainment is what waiting for you.
- Tickle your funny bones watching comedy.
- Pop, Rap, Country Music or Folk – Rock on the live music at concerts of the life.
- Hockey, Skating or Wrestling – book the tickets in time online.
Few More Images of Cаnаdіаn Tіrе Cеntrе
Visit the website http://www.canadiantirecentre.com/ for further information.
9. Craft Beer Market
A divine pleasure with an endless variety of beers, wines, cocktails and spirits from across the world is waiting for you at Craft Beer Market, Bank street Ottawa.
To double the beverage pleasure, pair it with handcrafted delicious food made by their renowned chefs. Ales, Lagers, Anomalies, Rotating Handles – over hundred of beers on tap ready to pour into your sparkling mugs in the ambiance so ethereal you never wanna miss!!
10. Ottawa Summer Music Festivals
Obsessed with music? Lot of fun things to do at number of music festivals and events
- Live music, Neo dance forms, soothing poetry, aboriginal art, visual art – the list is large enough to feed to your passion at Westfest (June) – the unique music festival amalgamating Canadian art with music and culture.
- The soulful music blended with magical art forms at famous “Music & Beyond” festival spans over two weeks hosting about eighty concerts is a feast to musical you.
- Addicted to Jazz – here you hit right at TD Ottawa Jazz Festival held in July.
- Feel the bliss of eclectic musical sounds at City Folk festival held in September.
- Explore the live music of every genre you recall in Ottawa throughout the year in state-of-art concert venues, night clubs, cozy music bars and bustling streets – just rock on!
- An array of fun things to do at RBC Bluesfest, one of the top music festivals in North America includes thumping on country music, be jazzed up with Jazz music, pep up your spirit on Pop music to rocking Rock and House music.
- Ottawa International Chamber Music Festival held in July is, of course, the reason one visit Ottawa – no exaggeration indeed!
Just be yourself, wear comfortable footwear and sunscreen (if under the sun) and feel the blue beats of music and become velvety.
11. White Water Rafting
Ride on the greatest waves on a whim and experience the incredible thrill of white water rafting in gorgeous Ottawa river. High adventure rafting in 12 passenger rafts, ultimate adventure & six passenger sports rafting , river tubing and family rafting are some of the fun things to do in sometimes frantic and sometimes lazy Ottawa river.
Lodging and camping facilities too are available at affordable prices in magnificent surroundings and luxurious ambiance.
For more details, please visit – https://www.ottawatourism.ca/