Last Updated on March 31, 2021 by Ankit Suhane
Train coach booking for marriage can be done through IRCTC Service called “FTR“, full form of FTR is ‘Full Tariff Rate‘
There might be many reasons like going for a tour in a group with hundreds of friends/relatives, you are required to book more than 50+ Confirmed tickets in a single shot in this case.
If you go to the railway’s station also then one form can not have more than 6 people details to book the seats so you will have to fill around 9 forms for 50 seats which are not convenient but if you do so then also it’s not sure that you’d get all confirmed tickets because out of 50 tickets few might be in Waiting List few in RAC or Confirmed.
To overcome above problem Indian Railway has launched a service called FTR (Full Tariff Rate). Through FTR you are allowed to book the entire coach with all the confirmed seats available in that coach.
I am going to explain here what is FTR in IRCTC and How to book the entire train/coach/boggy for marriage or other events through this service.
What is the Train Coach Booking Procedure?
Here I am going to explain How to register on IRCTC FTR Service?The most important thing is you will have to create a new account here even you have an IRCTC train ticket booking account.
Your existing www.irctc.co.in account credentials will not work here, you are required to create a new account for availing the IRCTC FTR service.
Below are the 2 ways to do FTR Registration successfully. Before going forward you must have a PAN card number because it is mandatory.
Train Coach Booking for Marriage Online Procedure in 5 Steps
- Step1: Go to the FTR Service Url and click on the New Registration link. A form will be opened which you need to fill up.
- Step2: Here you need to enter a unique username with all your details such as First Name, Last Name, Email Id, Mobile Number, PAN Card Number, Location with full address, Pin-code, etc. in the respective field.
- In Party type section select “Public” and Party Subtype as India Tourist, Foreign Tourist, General whichever is applicable in your case.
- Step3: Now click on the Register button. One message will be a popup with a given mobile number and username. Click on it and check your Email Inbox. The password has been generated automatically and is sent to your email id. Later you can change your password also.
- Step4: Go to the url mentioned in step1 and log in using the User name and Password. Provide booking type, journey details, and submit your request. You will get a reference number.
- Step5: Pay Registration fee against your reference number which you got in step4. After successful payment, you will get an FTR Number.
Note: Amount should be paid within 6 days after getting reference number otherwise on 7th day your reference number will become invalid.
Train Coach Booking for Marriage Offline Procedure – Counter Booking
If you are unable to book the Entire Train/Train Coach online or having difficulty then go for Offline registration by below steps:
- Step1: Go to the Chief booking supervisor (CBS) or Station Master (SM) at the source railway station and write one application on a blank paper with your entire journey details for Train/Coach booking and submit it to the SM/CBS.
- Step2: (How to Make Payment for Train Coach Booking)
- CBS will generate a reference number and will ask for the registration amount. Go to the UTS counter (Unreserved Ticket Service Counter) and pay Full amount here. Currently, they are accepting only cash.
- Step3: After making a successful payment you will get an FTR Registration number. Take this number and go back to the CBS/SM, CBS will provide you the FTR Number with all the details you mentioned about your journey in step1.
What is IRCTC FTR Service?
As explained above IRCTC FTR stands for Full Tariff Rate and it allows you to book the entire coach/train with all confirmed seats available in that coach.
There is a term called Pilot in FTR and FTR online booking is being done only on the Pilot basis. You might be thinking that What is Pilot in FTR? the pilot is nothing just a project and currently, FTR is a pilot project.
But you must be noticed that currently booking through FTR is allowed for journey starting from stations of Western Railway only.
Difference between Train Booking and Train Coach Booking in Indian railways?
- Train Booking refers booking Entire train of 18 coaches.
- Train Coach Booking refers to booking 1 or many coaches on a train but not the full train.
The main difference in Advance Amount (Deposit) taken by Indian Railway for Train/Coach Booking. There is a huge difference in the amount you will have to deposit before making registration. Below are the details, how much you’ll have to pay for the entire train/train coach booking.
Train Coach Booking Charges:
Recently updated by Indian Railway, If your journey is of 7 days then train coach booking charges you will have to pay is Rs. 50,000/- After that 1,0000 rupees additional charges you will have to pay per day/couch (72 seats).
Means if you are booking a coach for 10 days then the total registration fee will be 50,000+30,000= Rs. 80,000/-
What are the Charges to Book Entire Train?
If you are planning to book entire train of 18 coaches for 7 days then the registration fee will be Rs. 9,00,000/- (Nine Lakh)
If you need more than 18 coaches in a train then extra coaches can be added but extra Rs. 50,000/- will add registration fee. For example if you need 19 coaches in a train then you will have to pay 9,00,000+50,000= 9,50,000 (Nine Lakh Fifty Thousand)
If your journey is of more than 7 days then an additional Rs. 10,000/- per day/per coach will add in the registration amount. For example, if you need 18 coaches to train for 10 days then the amount will be 9,00,000+30,000= 9,30,000/-
Note: Even for booking of a train with less than 18 coaches, registration amount for 18 coaches as minimum will be charged.
Have a look at Train Coach Layout:
1. Train Coach Layout Sleepers:
2. Train Coach Layout AC3:
3. Train Couch Layout AC2:
Image Source: https://etrain.Info
How many days before in advance you can book the entire train/coach for marriage/events?
FTR Registration (Booking train coach) can be done a maximum 6 months in advance and a minimum of 30 days before the journey date.
What is the Refund Process/Refund charges in case of any cancellation?
In case of cancellation either by you or by the Indian railway, the refund will be processed as per the existing manual process through Chief Commercial Manager (PM) after deducting the cancellation charges.
Note: In case of Cancellation, the charges might be much as compared to normal ticket cancellation charges.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR FULL TARIFF RATE(FTR) REGISTRATION
I guess we explained to you How to book a coach in train. We also book coach tickets online and If you want to book Train coach booking for Marriage then please comment.