IRCTC’s Chart Vacancy Feature: Find and Book Train Tickets Easily
IRCTC App has a handy feature called “Chart Vacancy” that helps you find empty seats on a train even after the tickets are booked. In a very simple way let’s understand the chart vacancy feature.
Understanding Chart Vacancy Feature
- Think of a reservation chart like a map showing who’s on the train.
- “Chart Vacancy” is like a live update of this map, showing you empty seats.
- This helps you decide quickly if you can get a ticket and reduces the worry of not finding a seat.
Why Chart Vacancy in the IRCTC App is Introduced
The “Chart Vacancy” feature in the IRCTC app was introduced to address several key challenges faced by train travelers in India:
- Last-Minute Bookings: Many passengers need to book train tickets at the last minute due to various reasons such as emergencies, sudden travel plans, or changes in itinerary. Before the introduction of the Train Chart Vacancy feature, it was often uncertain whether seats would be available on a particular train, causing stress and inconvenience.
- Seat Availability Transparency: Passengers needed a way to check real-time seat availability after the reservation chart was prepared. The introduction of Chart Vacancy brought transparency to the availability of vacant seats or berths, enabling travellers to make informed decisions.
- Reducing Uncertainty: Uncertainty about seat availability was a common concern, especially on popular routes and during peak travel seasons. The Chart Vacancy feature helps passengers reduce this uncertainty by providing up-to-date information.
- Enhancing User Experience: The IRCTC app is a vital tool for train travellers, and introducing features like Chart Vacancy enhances the overall user experience. Passengers can use the app to plan their journeys more efficiently, leading to greater convenience and satisfaction.
- Facilitating Smooth Bookings: By allowing passengers to view and book available seats in real time, the Chart Vacancy feature simplifies the booking process. Travelers can make quick decisions and secure their tickets without unnecessary delays.
In summary, the introduction of the Train Chart Vacancy feature in the IRCTC app aimed to make train travel more accessible, convenient, and stress-free for passengers, particularly those who need to book tickets on short notice. It has become a valuable tool for both regular commuters and occasional travellers in India.
How Chart Vacancy Works
- The reservation chart is made a few hours before the train leaves.
- “Chart Vacancy” shows real-time updates on empty seats.
- It works for different types of train seats, like Sleeper or AC.
Advantages of Using IRCTC Chart Vacancy
- It helps you decide fast if you can get a ticket.
- No more stress about finding a seat.
Using the Chart Vacancy Feature in the IRCTC App
- Get the app from your app store.
- Sign up for an account; you only need to do it once.
- Log in with your account details.
- Plan your journey: Tell the app where you’re going, the date, and your preferred class.
- Find “Chart Vacancy” in the app.
- Check if there are vacant seats in trains for your journey.
- If you see empty seats, book one through the app.
- Follow the app’s instructions and pay for your ticket.
- You can also use the app to see your past bookings and cancel a ticket if you need to.
- 11 New Tips to Find Vacant Seats in Train?
- Vistadome Train Ticket Price, Timing, Routes and Availability
- Train Ticket Pdf Download by PNR Number (✔️) Without PNR, Without Login
- What is Coupe in Train? How to Book, Charges, Availability
- The “Chart Vacancy” feature in the IRCTC app makes finding and booking train tickets easy.
- It’s like having a helpful friend who knows where you can find a seat.
- So, next time you plan a train journey, use this feature and travel without worries. Safe travels!
To see the Chart of any Train click here
Here are some additional tips and resources to enhance your experience with the IRCTC app’s “Chart Vacancy” feature:
- Check Multiple Trains: If you’re flexible with your travel plans, consider checking the “Chart Vacancy” feature for multiple trains on your route. This increases your chances of finding available seats, especially during peak travel times.
- Set Alerts: Some third-party apps and websites allow you to set alerts for specific train routes and classes. These alerts notify you when seats become available, making it easier to grab them quickly.
- Book in Advance: While the “Chart Vacancy” feature is helpful for last-minute bookings, it’s always advisable to book your train tickets well in advance whenever possible. This ensures you have more options and a higher chance of getting your preferred seats.
- Use the PNR Status Checker: The IRCTC app also offers a “PNR Status” feature. You can check the status of your booked ticket using your PNR number. This helps you confirm your seat and travel details before your journey.
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs) about the Chart Vacancy feature in the IRCTC app:
1. What is the Chart Vacancy feature in the IRCTC app?
- The Chart Vacancy feature in the IRCTC app allows passengers to check the real-time availability of vacant seats or berths on a train after the reservation chart has been prepared.
2. When is the reservation chart prepared for a train?
- The reservation chart is typically prepared a few hours before the scheduled departure of a train. The exact timing can vary, but it is usually done well in advance to ensure a smooth boarding process.
3. Why is the Chart Vacancy feature useful for passengers?
- The Chart Vacancy feature is beneficial as it helps passengers make informed decisions about booking train tickets. It provides real-time updates on seat availability, reducing uncertainty and ensuring travelers can secure seats even at the last minute.
4. Which classes of travel are covered by the Chart Vacancy feature?
- The Chart Vacancy feature covers various classes of travel, including Sleeper, AC 3-Tier, AC 2-Tier, and more. Passengers can check the availability of seats in their preferred class.
5. How can I access the Chart Vacancy feature on the IRCTC app?
- To access the Chart Vacancy feature, you need to download and install the official IRCTC app on your mobile device. After logging in, you can find the feature within the app’s interface under the relevant train information.
6. Can I book tickets directly through the Chart Vacancy feature?
- Yes, you can book tickets based on the availability information provided by the Chart Vacancy feature. Once you’ve checked the seat availability, you can proceed to book your tickets directly within the app.
7. What payment options are available for booking tickets through the IRCTC app?
- The IRCTC app supports various payment options, including debit cards, credit cards, net banking, and mobile wallets. Passengers can choose the payment method that suits them best.
8. Is the Chart Vacancy feature available for all trains and routes?
- The availability of the Chart Vacancy feature can vary based on the train and route. It is more commonly available for major routes and popular trains. However, Indian Railways continues to expand the coverage of this feature.
9. Can I use the Chart Vacancy feature to check the status of an already booked ticket?
- The Chart Vacancy feature primarily provides real-time information on available seats after the chart has been prepared. It is not designed to check the status of already booked tickets. For that, passengers can use the PNR status enquiry feature in the app.
10. Is the information provided by the Chart Vacancy feature always up-to-date?
- Yes, the Chart Vacancy feature provides real-time updates on seat availability. However, availability can change rapidly, especially during peak travel times, so it’s a good practice to double-check before making a booking.