Legal Jobs Wellington
|Hiring Organization||Wellington UniVentures|
|Post Name||LEGAL EXECUTIVE|
|Qualification||Diploma in Legal Executive Studies required, or equivalent, or equivalent overseas study.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NZD 30 To NZD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Wellington, New Zealand 6012|
The Legal Executive is a trusted member of the Wellington UniVentures team, responsible for providing vital and high-level quality coordination and legal administration support across the broad array of Intellectual Property management, ensuring timely delivery of day-to-day IP coordination and legal administration support.
The IP team provides proactive solutions for IP-related activities to support the organization-wide IP and commercialization process. Our Legal Executive plays a critical role in ensuring efficient and effective coordination to support these activities.
KŌRERO MŌ TE TŪRANGA- ABOUT THE ROLE
Our Legal Executive reports to the IP Manager and works closely with the IP Manager and IP Specialist to ensure Wellington UniVentures meets its obligations around IP processes. Responsible for the proactive coordination of IP management processes such as:
- Management of Foundation IP docketing system.
- Assisting with deadline management including prosecution and renewal deadlines for patents, trademarks, and designs.
- Creating, managing, and updating electronic files.
- Assisting with the deadline management of the invention disclosure process.
- Management of filing formalities and national phase filing.
- Management of invoicing to subsidiaries.
- Document preparation, analysis, and interpretation, including deeds of assignment.
- Preparation and management of filing formalities including powers of attorney, declarations, and information disclosure statements.
- Generating reports and preparing schedules for
- Trademark searching.
- Searching of public IP records and acquisition of information.
- Assisting and managing communication and relationships with external intellectual property service providers.
- Responsible for reporting, data integrity, and proactively finding and escalating key pieces of data and information as required on IP-related systems.
- First level support on renewals, attend to Official Information Act requests if/ when they arise.
- First-level support on administrative queries from UniVentures and wider academic team, drafting and amending deeds of assignment, filing formalities, reports to stakeholders.
- Preparation activities with respect to benefit share.
Ō PŪMANAWA – ABOUT YOU
Our perfect person will have some or all of the following education, experience, and knowledge:
- Diploma in Legal Executive Studies required, or equivalent, or equivalent overseas study.
- Proven IP experience, preferably 1-2 years minimum.
- Understanding of contracts and commercial arrangements is required.
- Experience in the preparation, analysis, and interpretation of legal documents, specifically deeds of assignment required.
- Trademark searching experience preferred
- Proven experience coordinating legal documentation and requirements with different parties through demonstrated experience in proactively contacting parties.
- Demonstrated experience adding value to processes, a high level of attention to detail, ability to maintain effective relationships with stakeholders, and exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in working with and maintaining a database of files and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology to work effectively and efficiently e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook – experience with Foundation IP valuable.