Electrical designer for ABB
About the job
Take your next career step with our global team at ABB. We drive the transformation of both society and industry for a more productive and sustainable future. Within ABB, we have a stated goal of promoting all aspects of diversity and inclusion: gender, LGBTQ+, disabilities, ethnic background and age. Together we are on a journey where we all, as individuals and as a collective, welcome and value individual differences.
In the role of Electrical Designer, you get to work in delivery projects within electricity and automation in close collaboration with both customers and colleagues and be involved in all phases from idea to commissioning. You will be part of us at ABB Energy Industries, which is part of ABB’s Process Automation business area and operates towards customers in the heat, water and nuclear power as well as the pharmaceutical, food and chemical industries in Sweden and the Nordics.
ABB offers good training and career opportunities as well as several benefits such as the possibility of flexible work – with greater freedom to choose the most suitable workplace, health care allowance, extra parental pay, reduced working hours, staff car, benefits portal and more. Location for this position is at our office in Kista, Malmö, Mölndal or Västerås.
- You work with electrical and plant construction in delivery projects that may include both electricity and automation/advanced control systems (800xA).
- You will be involved in all phases of the project where the projects vary in size and the tasks generally include system and detail construction for e.g. control/automation cabinets, documentation and testing, as well as commissioning for included components and systems.
- You are responsible for the technical delivery being carried out in accordance with specification, standards and safety requirements, as well as cost-effectively and according to schedule.
- You collaborate with the purchasing department and have direct dialogue with subcontractors to ensure that the right technical solution is developed, which may also include participation in FAT/testing in the factory before delivery.
- You work closely with the leading engineer and project manager in the project team, but can also act independently in smaller projects with e.g. participation in project and technology meetings as well as facility visits.
- We are looking for you who are a high school engineer, university engineer or have equivalent professional experience.
- You have knowledge and experience working with tools such as AutoCAD, Elmaster, E3 or similar.
- You have several years of work experience in electrical and/or plant construction and preferably from roles within process automation to Swedish industry.
- As a person, you put the customer in focus and have an ability to build good relationships both internally and externally.
- You have good cooperation skills and are used to working in teams, are goal-oriented and communicative.
- You speak and write in Swedish and English without hindrance.
- You have a B driver’s license when traveling in the service occurs.
- It is advantageous if you have also worked with instrumentation within control electronics and/or with electrical power generating facilities and have an understanding of the customer’s processes, where experience from start-up assignments is also to your advantage.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.