Accounting Jobs Wellington
|Hiring Organization||Deloitte Wellington|
|Post Name||Accounting And Reporting Advisory|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NZD 40 To NZD 46 Per Hour|
|Location||Wellington, New Zealand 6011|
- Join a newly created collaborative and innovative team who are always looking to make an impact that matters
- Variety! Get exposure to a wide range of clients across different industries
- Have a buddy and career coach to give you feedback, support, and advice.
- Be supported in your journey to becoming a qualified chartered accountant with CAANZ (Chartered Accountants in Australia and New Zealand)!
Accounting and Reporting Advisory (ARA) is a newly created team combining passionate people from Audit Advisory and Private (Business Advisory) who excel in providing a broad range of advisory services to businesses.
Our goal is to solve complex problems and remove stress from our customers. We work across a wide range of industries and organizations, from large listed corporate entities to start-ups, large public sector entities, and even charities.
We have a very diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and specialties with strengths in the technical accounting, sustainability, and financial system areas.
What will you get to do?
In your Internship, you will be building your core skills through top-class training and mentor support that will set you up for a successful future career at Deloitte (or in the industry)
- Work closely with clients and colleagues to prepare NZ IFRS financial statements and tax returns and assist with advisory services.
- Connect and collaborate with other teams within Deloitte such as Tax & Private and Audit & Assurance.
- Gain exposure to a variety of financial tools and technologies (including Xero) whilst perfecting your Excel and reporting skills.
As you grow within our team, the opportunities and pathways are endless. A few examples of the projects you could be involved with include:
- Initial Public Offering (IPO) readiness, merger, and acquisition support
- Improving a finance function through more efficient processes and leveraging technology
- Analyzing a complex lease contract and determining the correct accounting treatment
- Assisting with implementing a new software product to streamline month end
- Help businesses measure and report on their sustainability initiatives
- Working directly within a customer’s finance team on a special project or bridging a short-term vacancy and plenty of other fantastic experiences.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
- You have a sharp and analytical mind. You are inquisitive, meticulous, and ambitious.
- Majoring in Accounting or studying a degree that makes you eligible for the Chartered Accountants Program
- A strong communicator who possesses the skills needed to build relationships both in your team and with senior members of our customers
- Adaptable and driven – you understand what it is like to overcome obstacles through innovative solutions and an out-of-the-box mindset
- Great interpersonal skills and thrive in collaborative environments
- Self-awareness and good emotional intelligence to navigate between clients with competing priorities