|Hiring Organization||OCAD University|
|Post Name||Accounting Clerk|
|Qualification||Post-secondary diploma in accounting, business, finance, or equivalent|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 40256 To CAD 47579 Per Year|
|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5T 1W1|
Reporting to the Controller, the Accounting Clerk is responsible for the provision of services relating to OCAD University’s (OCAD U) cash receipts and the performance of other accounting tasks within the Finance office.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Receive cash, cheques, and credit cards; issue receipts for all cash/cheque/credit card transactions, prepare daily cash reconciliations, and perform cash float box count.
- Record miscellaneous cash receipts.
- Process online credit/debit card payments.
- Perform data entry of books of original accounts, and operating and capital budgets as necessary.
- Calculate and allocate HST on all cash receipts.
- Reconcile ancillary revenue, student loan, and student financial assistance bursary accounts.
- Assist in the full cycle and reporting of accounts payable and receivables.
- Prepare General Ledger (GL) accounts analysis and reconciliations and year-end audit working papers.
- Assist with financial reporting and analysis.
- Process non-credit course payments.
- Assist studio facilities staff with recording and reconciling sales of class material supplies.
- Summarize actual transfers, budget transfers, internal compensation transfers, and stock transfer monthly journal entries.
- Record and reconcile transactions for the online commerce system.
- Distribute all cheques.
- Perform data entry for EFT payments.
- Provide backup support and relief for Senior Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable Clerk, when needed.
- Work with the Senior Student Accounts Clerk in providing students with information regarding fee assessments, refunds, payments, and outstanding balances.
- Provide backup support and relief for Senior Student Accounts Receivable Clerk, when needed.
- Assist with the implementation of the online commerce system.
- Assist the Controller in special projects as required.
- Assist the Controller in the development of policies & procedures regarding the University’s cash transactions.
- Assist with IT system-related projects and process improvements, including the implementation of university-wide changes, technology upgrades, workplace culture initiatives, and sustainability.
- Assist in the implementation, upgrade testing, documentation, and ongoing administration of Colleague and other Finance office systems.
- Support the Director, Finance, and Controller in other related duties that contribute to the successful operation of the Finance office, and maintain confidentiality as required.
- Post-secondary diploma in accounting, business, finance, or equivalent.
- Minimum of one (1) year of accounting work experience, or equivalent, with demonstrated strength in customer service.
- Strong mathematical and computer skills, and a working knowledge of all Microsoft office applications.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and oral & written communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles of equity and diversity, and experience promoting a respectful work and learning environment for students, staff, and faculty.