The YMCA of Greater Toronto
|Hiring Organization||The YMCA of Greater Toronto|
|Post Name||Accounting Associate|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 33000 To CAD 40000 Per Year|
The YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great workplace committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, where different backgrounds, experiences, and identities are appreciated and celebrated. Guided by our shared values — kindness, well-being, integrity, inclusiveness, respect, and optimism — the YMCA provides thousands of employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits, and growth opportunities.
Nature and scope
The Accounting Associate is responsible to ensure accurate and timely data processing into the Financial Accounting System, Financial Edge. This includes but is not limited to posting invoices, journal entries, and refund information from the member’s registration system, Active Net. The Accounting Associate also supports the Accounts Payable team with the digitization of the information related to payments issued. The Accounting Associate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a professional attitude, and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Process payment vouchers (invoices, Cheque Requisitions, utility bills) in the Financial Edge Accounts Payable module, and Journal Entries into the Financial Edge General Ledger
- Calculate Federal and Provincial HST rebates for payments subject to sales taxes
- Process documents pertaining to refunds owed to participants in YMCA of Greater Toronto programs
- Digitize information related to payments made via cheques, Electronic Funds Transfers, Wire Transfers, and Online banking
- Support the Accounts Payable team in administrative tasks assigned by the AP Supervisor
- Perform other duties as assigned
What you need to succeed:
- Commitment to the YMCA’s Mission, Vision, and Values
- Focus on the health, safety, and wellbeing of all children, youth, and vulnerable people in YMCA programs including understanding legal and moral obligations related to reporting suspected child abuse to Child Protection Services
- YMCA Competencies: Accountable, Relationship-Builder, Improvement-Orientated, Team Player & Leader, Equity and Wellbeing Promoter
- Minimum of 1 year of accounting experience
- Must be detail-oriented
- Well-developed interpersonal, and relationship-building skills; ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, staff, and volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and make decisions to ensure requested tasks are successfully executed, and to work well both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, using discretion and good judgment
- Experience and sensitivity in dealing with members of different cultural and racial backgrounds, including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity
- Must possess computer skills (Excel, Word, computerized accounting package, knowledge of Access an asset).
- Knowledge of Canadian Accounting Standards for Not for Profit Organizations (an asset)
To apply for this job please visit ymcagta.org.