College of New Caledonia
Senior Accounting Clerk
EXISTING CNC CUPE Employees:
For all Administrative postings please disregard the following statement. For CUPE postings please refer to Article 9.01 (d) of the CUPE Collective Agreement to ensure you have met the eligibility requirements to apply to CUPE competitions.
Employment Status Part Time Employment Type Leave Replacement Job Summary
- Responsible for monthly financial ledger review and monitoring, including tracking all project budget revenue and expenditures, resource commitments, and personnel status for the purpose of reconciling ledgers and being able to provide accurate, up-to-date information at all times; researches and corrects errors, omissions, etc., as required.
- Responsible for internal budget review, financial preparation, and monitoring for both base budget and cost recovery programs.
- Tracking and record keeping of all project contracts (projects range in size from $20,000 to $250,000; and multiple projects are on-going at any one time, with various start and end dates, and include multiple contracts for a single project).
- Ensure contracts, purchase orders, agreements, and requisitions have budget codes and are signed and accompanied by other necessary personnel documents.
- Initiate purchase orders, requisitions, vendor numbers and/or vendor applications using both manual and automated college systems.
- Review all departmental financial transactions for accuracy and completeness prior to the Regional Principal or Supervisor authorizing payment.
- Assist in departmental cost centre budgeting and distribute financial details to those centres.
- Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Prepare and follow up on request for billing and cheque requisitions.
- Use purchasing cards for necessary purchases and payments of equipment and supplies.
- Monitor and follow up on accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Coordinate regional financial support services.
- Locate, order, and follow up on all course requirements, ensuring quality, best price, and timeliness.
- Compile and verify statistics for reporting purposes.
- Prepare monthly statistical summaries.
- Maintain records and files.
- Provide budgeting assistance.
- Interview students who require financial aid, approve tuition deferral, and follow up on payment.
- Act as back up or relief coverage for other areas in regional main office.
- You will be part of a team actively engaged in contributing to and accomplishing the vision, mission, and goals of the College and in supporting the aspirations and needs of our learners and communities.
- You will promote a positive work atmosphere and communicating in a professional manner that demonstrates mutual respect with students and colleagues.
- Carry out other related duties as assigned by Regional Principal or Supervisor.
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum one year post-secondary education in office administration, with additional training in accounting, and a minimum of three years’ accounting or bookkeeping experience along with experience in general office administration, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Good working knowledge of accounting systems and procedures, including cost accounting
- Good working knowledge of office systems and procedures;
- Attention to detail, performs with consistent accuracy.
- Computer experience essential, particularly using spreadsheets, automated accounting software, and word processing,
- Ability to develop and implement processes for cost control.
- Good organizational skills and ability to schedule own workload.
- Effective time management skills.
- Good telephone and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of the position and the information
- Ability to convey budget information to faculty and staff in a professional, sensitive manner.
- Ability to approach business contact in a professional manner.
- Excellent oral and written communications.
- Minimum keyboarding speed of 50 wpm.
- Ability to complete tasks in a working environment that has constant and multiple interruptions.
- Familiarity with regional communities.
- Ability to work independently
- Requires a sound working knowledge of specific duties of other clerical positions.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.