Ipsen operates a Financial Shared Services model which supports a number of the countries in which Ipsen operates and also works closely with the Finance teams which provide Financial Services to some specific local countries. In total we have 27 separate legal entities with a presence in most continents. In addition to France, UK and Ireland, we also operate in the UAE, China, Korea and Singapore. Our Financial Systems are based on the SAP platform and in we will be implementing SAP S/4HANA. Ipsen continues to grow in terms of revenues, product offerings and employee numbers.
We are recruiting an Assistant Accountant who will operate in the UK Shared Financial Services, and as you will see from the brief introduction above, this is a great opportunity to build on your experience, expand your knowledge in new countries and upskill to SAP S/4HANA.
We currently have two opportunities in the team, an Accountant (part of fully qualified, please apply for this role if at this stage in your career) and for an Assistant Accountant who will be a little earlier in their career.
We have a team of some 20 people in General Ledger and 40 in Accounts Payable. We are a very deadline driven organisation with some really interesting complexities for the team due to the different countries out of which we operate. We don’t expect one person to know everything, but we encourage a culture of sharing knowledge – learn from each other!
Some of what you will be doing:
- Appropriate, accurate and timely Accounts Receivable, Journals and Fixed Asset processing.
- Timely and accurate report preparation for both the Shared Service’s Companies and Group.
- Timely and accurate production of other financial information as required, allowing the production of financial accounts.
- All financial accounting records adhere to the relevant Accounting standards and guidelines.
- Processing of all Accounts Receivable receipts.
- Accounts Receivable Credit Management, where required, including telephone and email queries and enquiries.
- Accounts Receivable reporting where required by the Company or Group.
- Reconcilaition of Third Party Accounts Receivable subledger to the General Ledger.
- Fixed Asset Accounting for companies within the Shared Services team, including the processing of disposals, additions and monthly depreciation.
- Reconciliation of the Fixed Asset subledger to the General Ledger at the month end within the deadlines.
- Monitor and control the Assets Under Construction, to ensure they are accounted for correctly and we have an agreed end date.
- IFRS16 journal preparation and processing, via download from Anaplan and upload into SAP.
- Supporting the journal processing for all companies within the Shared Services.
- Produce supporting schedules for BFC reporting relevant to Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets and IFRS 19 assets and liabilities.
- Support / Assist the consolidation process.
- Provide support with Good Receipt / Invoice Receipt account analysis and follow up.
- Develop Accounts Receivable and Fixed Asset KPIs and measures.Collect data, analyse, propose actions and prepare commentary to drive Financial accounting performance.
- Assist in ensuring that an adequate and efficient system of internal controls is in place, which is in compliance with the appropriate financial control standards and Group Internal Control policies
Education / Certifications:
Working towards accounting qualification, with minimum 2 years general accounting experience in the Pharmaceutical industry.
Minimum: Started accounting qualification with minimum 1 year experience of working in an accounts department
Experience working within International Shared Service Centres
English – Fluent. 1 or more other European languages ideally
About the company:
Ipsen is a dynamic and growing global specialty-driven biopharmaceutical company focused on innovation and specialty care.
- We aim to make a sustainable difference by significantly improving patients’ health and quality of life and providing them with effective therapeutic solutions for unmet medical needs through differentiated and innovative medicines in Oncology, Neurosciences and Rare Diseases.
- The patient is at the heart of everything we do, and we also care for our employees because they are the ambassadors who truly make the difference. We attract and develop bold, agile, entrepreneurial individuals who take full ownership of their decisions; leaders drawn by a purpose to make a direct impact through their work in people’s lives.
- We offer employees a wealth of fulfilling challenges & growth opportunities, and the chance to contribute within a fast-moving organisation, an organisation that is genuinely game-changing.
IPSEN is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications, individuals are encouraged to apply regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
To apply for this job please visit careers.ipsen.com.