Chess at Three
Storytellers – Actors
Storytellers – Actors – Tutors needed in LA!
Are you a performer/teacher/creative person with an eager and optimistic outlook in the Los Angeles area? WE’RE SO GLAD YOU FOUND US!
Chess at Three is the only company in the world that teaches children as young as 3 years old how to play chess completely through fun and silly stories. And (shhh…) you do NOT need a ton of prior chess experience to be a great tutor!
We have over 100 teachers/tutors teaching over 15,000 children a week in: New York and Los Angeles, and we’re looking to expand to more cities this year!
Chess at Three is currently in a state of rapid growth and our business has doubled every year for the last 4 years. As our community and network expands, the demand for creative learning for kids is skyrocketing! We want to help bring Chess, as well as our other offerings, to households across the globe!
We are looking for fun and creative people who have experience working with children. We value fun way more than we do chess skills. Have we mentioned we love fun…? We want people with passion and heart who are driven to success. But most of all, we are looking for people who possess joyous hospitality – people who see teaching children and building relationships with parents as an enjoyable and meaningful service.
About The Opportunity:
Chess at Three is looking to hire more storytellers/teachers/tutors that will teach both in homes and in schools. Familiarity with the game of chess is good, but mastery is not required! If you can tell a story, you can teach chess! You will be teaching the only method available that teaches children as young as 3 to play chess!
Our extensive and fun curriculum is full of stories, games, and puzzles, all with outlined lessons in order to set you up for success! We provide you with a variety of material to give you options within the course, so that you can structure your lessons based on the kid and the day!
We are looking for people to join us for this exciting time of rapid growth!
- $40 – $70 / hour
- Independent Contractor into Employment
- Part-Time and Full-Time
- Top paid tutors making: $2,100/week or $8,400/month
Position Requirements – Storytellers – Actors – Teachers – Tutor:
- Fun, animated, and great with children.
- Heart for hospitality and serving children.
- Driven personality/entrepreneurial spirit.
- Extremely organized and responsible.
- Not afraid to ask for referrals or seek new lesson opportunities (schools, families, local communities, etc).
- Very responsive to emails, phone calls, and meetings.
- Familiarity with the game of chess is good, but mastery is not required.
- Experience as a performing artist, teacher, or early childhood professional is a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- A thorough background check will be required at the time of hire.
- Tutors are expected to be responsive and accountable to the families and schools of our students and communicative with the home office in Brooklyn.
- After school
- Choose your own hours
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.