Recreation Therapist Assistant
AdaptAbilities is registered charity that provides an essential service to individuals with special needs and their families. Our unique programs promote positive self care and wellbeing, empowering individuals to grow, succeed and belong. We are looking for dedicate professionals who share this vision to join our team. This is an opportunity to make a difference, supporting individuals to be a part of their community.
Recreation Therapist Assistant
As the Recreation Therapist Assistant, you would collaboratively work with participants care team. Recreation therapy will be utilized to remove barriers to program participation or community inclusion, enhance independence, and foster growth by achieving developmental outcomes. Recreation therapy will assist participants with diverse abilities in maintaining healthy, balanced lifestyles. The conscientious Recreation Therapist Assistant will act with integrity, be open to growth, live our purpose, cultivate teamwork, and put forth an extraordinary effort to empower people with diverse abilities and their families to grow, succeed, and belong.
- Follow established program protocols for recreation participation, leisure activity skills, and functional intervention programs as assigned.
- Provide input into program development, contributes suggestions and ideas to complement the intervention plan.
- Lead program in a timely, safe, and effective manner, employing risk management strategies.
- Review assessment information regularly as assigned by the Recreation Therapist.
- Work within applicable law, legislation, and regulations as well as within established work setting protocols.
- Seek clarification on assessment information as required.
- A Recreation Therapy Aide Diploma is preferred; a Recreation Therapy Aide certificate and/or a minimum of two years as recreation therapy assistant or related field experience in supporting individuals with diverse abilities will be considered
- 2-3 ears of experience successfully supporting individuals with developmental and physical disabilities through recreational therapy
- Knowledge of developmental milestones, developmental diagnoses, neurological conditions and sensory processing is strongly recommended with children and adults
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, coaching and team building skills
- Proven ability to facilitate groups and adult learners
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills, ability to prioritize multiple evolving tasks
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and stakeholder communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 and Google Suite products
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle required
- Certification in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Clear Police Information Check and Intervention Record Check
Compensation Package: $23.50-$24.88/hour
What we offer: AdaptAbilities is continually working to be an employer of choice. We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive health/dental benefit plan, paid wellness days, a health spending account, RRSP/TFSA matching, support for professional development, policies and programs that support a balanced lifestyle including access to corporate discount with the City of Edmonton for Activities, Parks and Recreation
- To be eligible for benefits, you must be a full-time employee working a minimum 30 hours per week.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.