Scholars International Academy
Head of Administration
We are currently looking for a Head of Administration for our school.
The Administrative Head ensures the fiscally sound running of the operational and administrative affairs of the school in effectively supporting the delivery of the school’s instructional program. She supports the School Principal and is part of the school leadership team (SLT).
Responsibilities include buted not limited:
- Oversee and support the administrative departments including finance, human resources, transportation, admissions and facilities
- As a member of the SLT ensure that all policies properly implemented and are kept up to date
- Provide leadership and guidance for administrative and support staff
- Ensure that all administrative staff are briefed on allocated work, showing how it fits within the school’s guiding statements
- Monitor the progress and quality of work for which the post holder has specific responsibility and provide prompt and constructive feedback
- Motivate, encourage and empower teams and individuals to work innovatively and creatively to achieve objectives
- Ensure the school makes the best possible use of resources through effective planning, considering all financial and other resource implications.
- Oversee the effective usage of the school information management and ERP system
- Coordinate procurement of materials, goods and services needed to operate the school effectively
- Supervise staff salaries through the WPS.
- Support the School Principal in the screening, hiring, in-service orientation and assigning of administration staff
- Support the School Principal in the performance management appraisal of the administrative staff
- Manage the letting of the school premises to outside organizations and school staff
- Advise SIG on the assessment of salaries, expenses, procedures, policies and other matters
- Provide for the preparation and production of all school records and publications.
- Collaborate in the development of the school budget
- Monitor budgets against accounts
- Manage the school accounts effectively to agreed financial policies and procedures
- Produce timely and fully costed proposals, ensuring they are sustainable
- Use financial management information, especially benchmarking tools, to analyse trends and identify opportunities for greater efficiency
Legal & Insurance
- Stay abreast of government policies and regulations, ensuring school wide compliance
- Ensure procurement of the necessary licenses and permissions, and ensure their relevance and timeliness
- Implement the required insurances, and handle any claims that arise
- Implement risk management and loss prevention strategies to reduce insurance costs
- Prepare regular management accounts for budget holders, School Principal and SIG.
- Liaise with SIG Auditor on a regular basis
Bids and contracts
- Secure bid-based competitiveness.
- Negotiate, manage and monitor contracts, tenders and agreements for the provision of support services ensuring ‘best value’ at all times.
- Ensure effective risk management of any third-party service contracts
To apply for this job please visit edarabia.com.