Customer Sales Representative
Full Job Description
- Customer Sales Representative (Work from home in Nova Scotia)
- Location: Nova Scotia residents only (outside the Halifax Regional Municipality)
- Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent, Daytime
- Department: New Business
***This vacancy is intended for Nova Scotia residents outside the HRM only***
At Admiral there’s no one more important than you.
We have a new opportunity to work for one of Canada’s Best Workplaces.
The best part – you’ll be training and working from home, saving time to focus on your priorities outside of work. All you need is a great internet connection and a quiet, private place to work – we’ll provide the laptop!
You’ll be welcomed fully into the Admiral family, with full access to our great benefits – including generous paid time off, virtual healthcare access, monthly performance incentives, an ideal daytime work schedule, and immediate access to Blue Cross benefits.
Who We Are
One of the UK’s most recognizable insurers, Admiral provides car insurance, home insurance, loans, and various other products to over 6 million customers in the United Kingdom.
In 2007, Admiral launched its Canadian office in Halifax with a small group of 20 staff. Today, we employ 500 people throughout Nova Scotia who support our customers in the United Kingdom with home and motor insurance policies.
We’ve been recognized as one of Canada’s Great Places to Work every year since 2010 and have also been named one of Nova Scotia’s and Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers annually since 2015.
In 2022, the Great Place to Work® Institute ranked Admiral as the 4th Best Workplace in Canada.
What You’ll Do – New Business Department
Admiral New Business is all about making sure our customer’s first experience with us is an excellent one. As the first point of contact for our customers, it’s important that we deliver an efficient, high-quality service to every single person we speak to.
Handling inbound calls, your role will be to guide your customers through the buying process, informing them of both our insurance products and our related ancillary products. This allows the customer the opportunity to shape their policy to meet their personal car insurance requirements.
The insurance sales job is challenging and competitive, which is why the better you perform, the more lucrative the rewards. Our incentive structure benefits motivated individuals who show a flair for both sales and customer service.
Our aim is to give great service and value for money to as many people as possible.
Our ideal candidates are:
- Reliable and committed to achieving individual and team goals.
- “Change champions” who are adaptable to an ever-changing environment.
- Positive and resilient to handle any challenge that arises.
- Enthusiastic learners who apply feedback to grow in their role and achieve their goals.
- Confident salespeople with the ability to upsell multicar and multiproduct.
- Computer savvy with the ability to work simultaneously with multiple software and IT tools.
No previous experience in insurance or call centres is required. We consider the potential of the candidate, eagerness to work with us, ambition, and enthusiasm, over any previous experience in a similar role. We will teach you the rest!
Things That Make Us Admiral
Admiral’s success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong people-focused culture. Our purpose is simple: To enrich the lives of Our People, Our Customers, Our Community with unparalleled passion, by doing what’s right, together.
Our employees are at the heart of our success. We put a lot of effort and investment into making sure that Admiral is a happy place to work, where challenge, opportunity and career path development are encouraged, and fun is never frowned upon.
Other Great Things to Know
- In addition to base wage, monthly performance-based incentive is available based on achieving targets. New starters will earn a guaranteed monthly learning bonus during the first six months.
- A company laptop will be provided for working at home. The required equipment will be delivered to you via courier.
- Our standard work week is 37.5 hours with no shifts past 4pm and weekends that are shared on rotation.
- Visit https://joinadmiral.ca to learn more about what makes Admiral a great place to work!
Admiral is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Admiral is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ability, age, family status or any other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $17.07 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Overtime pay
Work Location: On the road
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.