|Post Title||Adnoc Job Vacancy In Abu Dhabi|
|Post Name||Senior Legal Counsel|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Law or another suitable similar discipline|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AED 32000 Per Year|
|Location||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
Responsible for the entire gamut of legal affairs and corporate legal matters of the company. Provide legal opinions, advice, interpretations, complex risk mitigations, and due diligence on contracts, agreements, deeds, and other legal drafting and documents from the projects, commercial, drilling, subsurface, and other functions.
Recommend settlement of claims in connection with complex major projects. Interface with external counsel in respect of litigation that the company is involved in, and advise on alternative dispute resolution.
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and supervises the activities of Legal affairs of the company.
- Defines and draws up as required major complex contract agreements between other parties and the Company. This involves analyzing the contract conditions and making recommendations as to legally acceptable courses of action to be taken. Formulates principles to be followed in contract policies, and ensures that the agreements meet with the laws of U.A.E.
- Provides preventive legal advice to Senior Management/Commercial Division and Project Function on all topics such as curative legal advice, to minimize disputes and litigation, which is costly to the Company.
- Involved in the preparation, review, and negotiation of company contractual transactions to limit potential risk exposure, providing legal representation for the company, and ensuring that all matters of the business comply with company policies and ethical standards.
- Provision of comprehensive legal services to the contract and procurement function.
- Risk transactions on international deals that require negotiation of issues that involve International Law.
- Studies and scans of contractor’s claims are likely to have an effect on the Company’s operations. This involves analyzing claims and making legal recommendations and ensuring all relevant points are brought to the attention of the Commercial Division.
- Participates in the negotiation of settlements of disputes arising out of claims or contracts as required, prepares submission in arbitration cases, and coordinates with the Company advocate when representing the Company in court actions both locally and abroad.
- Drafting and reviewing different contracts in the oil and gas, construction, and Drilling sector.
- Supervising and giving guidance and counseling to subordinate staff in the legal department.
- Advising on how new regulatory initiatives impact the entire business of the Company.
- Advising on corporate governance and giving recommendations on the adoption of corporate governance policies.
- Advising management on legal and regulatory changes that impact the business of the company.
- Plan, supervise, and coordinate all activities in the assigned area to meet functional objectives.
- Train and develop the assigned staff on relevant skills to enable them to become proficient on the job and deliver the respective section objectives.
- Provide input for the preparation of the Section / Department budgets and assist in the implementation of the approved Budget and work plans to deliver Section objectives.
- Investigate and highlight any significant variances to support effective performance and cost control
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures
- Implement approved Section / Department policies, processes, systems, standards, and procedures in order to support the execution of the Section’s / Department work programs in line with Company and International standards.
- Contribute to the achievement of the approved Performance Objectives for the Section / Department in line with the Company Performance framework.
Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Design and implement new tools and techniques to improve the quality and efficiency of operational processes.
- Identify improvements in internal processes against best practices in pursuit of greater efficiency in line with ISO standards in order to define intelligent solutions for issues confronting the function.
Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Sustainability
- Comply with relevant HSE policies, procedures & controls, and applicable legislation and sustainability guidelines in line with international standards, best practices, and ADNOC Code of Practices.
- Provide inputs to prepare Section MIS and progress reports for Company Management.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- Work closely with Associate General Counsel and ADNOC L&S staff members, up to and including Senior Vice President Level for the purposes of providing legal advice on commercial and corporate legal matters, including projects and transactions, employee matters, contracts, and disputes.
- Regular contacts with external consultants and legal advisers, as well as research and academic institutions for the purpose of negotiating commercial agreements and contracts to which ADNOC L&S is a party; and law firms for the purpose of obtaining legal advice and support.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law or another suitable similar discipline.
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 5-8 years of relevant experience preferably in top international law/consultancy firms and/or local or international blue-chip corporate/s.
- Experience in Shipping/Maritime/Logistics industry is an advantage but not a prerequisite.
- Excellent English language (written and spoken). Fluent Arabic, in addition, is a substantial advantage.
- Must be a qualified lawyer in common law or civil law jurisdiction.