Full Job Description
For over 35 years, Aesop has carefully cultivated an inspiring and inclusive environment in which our employees are supported and encouraged to thrive. As a global retail organisation, we offer professional development and advancement opportunities to complement career goals and aspirations.
Our approach to skin care involves meticulous attention to detail, using only the most efficacious ingredients to create formulations which stir the self and senses. The same meticulous approach is taken during our recruitment process, seeking out considered and inspired individuals with a wealth of perspectives who bring out the best in themselves and others.
We aim to strike the right balance between people, planet and profit, actively reducing our footprint on the planet that generously sustains us. So far, this journey has led us to become a certified B Corp. As part of Natura &Co, we are proud to be working on the Commitment to Life mission, a 10-year plan to achieve net-zero carbon emissions, protect the Amazon, defend human rights, and embrace circularity and regeneration. We are committed to building a more sustainable and inclusive society.
As a Retail Consultant, you embody our desire to engage, listen and guide customers to products that are relevant to them. You will welcome customers into our spaces and through intentional interactions deepen the way our products are experienced. In demonstrating products that address customer needs you will deliver an exceptional, inclusive customer experience that contributes to our overall commercial success.
What we are looking for
- Experience operating within a customer service role or environment
- Effective selling skills and the ability to drive commercial outcomes
- History of successfully participating in and contributing to a team
- Demonstrated ability to utilise empathy to manage interpersonal relationships and contribute to a positive and inclusive experience for all
- Open mindset and deep curiosity seeking to understand others, listen without judgement and act on diverse perspectives
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of skin care and skin care industry (advantageous)
- Knowledge of hair care, body care, fragrance and home categories (advantageous)
- This position is full time and operates an on-site working pattern. Successful candidates will have availability on weekends.
What’s on offer
We take a holistic approach to employment, promoting professional development, career growth, employee wellbeing initiatives and encouraging deep connections with the local community through the Aesop Foundation, volunteering and matched giving programs. Employee benefits include –
- Pay rate of $22.08/ hr
- 10% monthly bonus potential
- RRSP Company Match Program
- Generous product discount allowance and bi-annual complimentary product allocation
- Starting 12 days of vacation with annual tenure increases
- 3 days paid Volunteer leave
- 3 days paid Personal leave
- Suite of options to aid development, including complimentary access to LinkedIn Learning, in-house Product and Core skills training and study support opportunities
- Access to employee assistance programmes, complimentary subscription to Headspace mindfulness app, therapy/coaching sessions through Modern Health, and summer wellness leave options.
- Up to 12 weeks of paid parental leave
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.