Agri Labour Australia Pty Ltd
Poultry Farm Workers
Our client is an industry leading poultry breeding company with sophisticated operations located in Goulburn, NSW and surrounds. They are currently looking to fill 50 poultry farm worker positions.
You are required to work in poultry environment where dust and the smell of livestock is present. Not afraid of getting your hands dirty, you will be comfortable handling and preparing eggs for incubation; incubating eggs; grading, preparing, and shipping chicks in hatchery while meeting all quality, safety, welfare and Biosecurity standards. All eggs & chicks must be handled gently and compassionately. You will be a team player who is physically fit and more than able to handle heavy lifting.
You will be paid under the Pastoral Award – Level 1, at an hourly rate above award rate of $24.50 per hour , and a 4 year full time contract with an average minimum of 38 hours per week.
Key duties include:
- Control pests and vermin
- Operate farming equipment
- Preparation & cleaning of sheds, equipment and spread litter for new bird placement plus set up for depopulation and cleanout
- Catch / hold birds and other aspects of bird handling and welfare activities
- General maintenance of poultry farm grounds
- Carryout cleaning, disinfecting (sanitising) equipment, machines, buildings within farm confines
- Dismantling of farm equipment
- Collect, grade, and store eggs to Company specification Key Skills & Experience
To be considered for the roles, it’s important you meet the following criteria:
- Good knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety
- No asthma or dust allergies
- Physically fit and comfortable in carrying out labour intensive duties
- Able to follow directions and work unsupervised whilst showing high level of initiative
To apply for this job please visit au.indeed.com.