LEAD, GROUNDS (HORTICULTURE/AGRICULTURE)(FULL TIME)
- We are hiring immediately for a full time LEAD, GROUNDS position.
- Location: W TAMU – 2401 Russell Long Blvd, Canyon, TX 79016 (Openings at other locations within school district available) Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full time schedule. Monday through Friday, 7:30 am – 4:30 pm. More details upon interview. (Full and Part Time with the flexibility to meet most scheduling needs)
- Requirement: This role requires a valid driver’s license with at least one year of driving experience. WIlling to train!
- Starting Pay: $17.00 per hour
- Perks: SSC invests in our employees with training and growth opportunities, but the benefits don’t stop there, SSC offers a comprehensive benefits package and we are also excited to offer same day pay! At SSC we truly believe that our people are our greatest asset.
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions: http://olivia.paradox.ai/moSkg
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group we create clean, safe, and distraction free learning environments for students of all ages. With a focus on a people first culture, growth opportunities, and supporting local communities we set the stage for a meaningful career in educational facilities nationwide.
Summary: Leads a small team in the performance of routine tasks associated with grounds management: trains, assigns, coordinates and reviews the work of grounds personnel. Performs a variety of skilled groundskeeping tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs tasks for the management of ornamental landscapes, including lawns, small trees, groundcovers, shrubs and annual/perennial color displays.
- Performs weed abatement and other grounds-related functions.
- Oversees and performs skilled grounds maintenance work involved in planting, cultivating, trimming, pruning, fertilizing and irrigating trees, shrubs, hedges and lawns; waters lawns and plants by hand as needed.
- Operates groundskeeping power equipment as necessary.
- Coordinates and assists with the clearing of trash and other debris.
- Coordinates and participates in the maintenance of parking lots, walks, driveways, asphalt play areas, fences and other areas.
- Assists management with completion and submittal of weekly tool, equipment and vehicle maintenance reports.
- Deploys for emergency response due to inclement weather, i.e. snow and ice, tornado or other crisis.
- Maintains professional written and oral communication with team leader, supervisor and the general public.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Two years of experience as a team leader in grounds management.
- Ability to operate grounds-related equipment.
Ability to repeatedly lift 25 pounds and kneel/bend/stoop for extended periods of time.
- Exposure to: strenuous labor for extended periods of time, heavy equipment, hazardous construction zones and work sites, extreme weather conditions, paint and petroleum products. Work time expectation, 90% of time will be physical labor, 10% training and misc.
Enhance your quality of life through our comprehensive benefits:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401K with Company Match
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance/AD
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace & Employee shopping program
- Identify Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- And More
SSC maintains a drug-free workplace.
SSC & Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the facility service industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.