Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world’s most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
As the Technical Advisor in Dubai, you will assist the Service Advisors while receiving Advanced General Repair (AGR) vehicles by interacting with customers, confirming the symptoms by interviewing, observing and road testing along with the customers. You will guide the Technicians in repair works to resolve the AGR concerns to fix the concerns at the first time itself to meet the customer expectation for providing the Best in Town Experience and sustain the brand name in market.
What you will do
- Maximize individual sold hours to meet the revenue performance objectives through target setting
- Achieve individual utilization, efficiency and overall productivity set on monthly basis.
- Ensure adherence to warranty process, rules and regulations as stipulated by the Principal to qualify vehicles under Branch Self Approval (BSA) as per the criteria.
- Submit Electronic Warranty Approval Request Form (EWARF) submission on timely basis
- Analyse and communicate technical report result and support Technical Leader with coaching based on outcome of technical information
- Ensure that all the diagnostic tools and equipment are available, updated and maintained as per distributor tool list and guidelines.
- Ensure ongoing audit of tools and equipment to ensure optimal efficiency in the workplace
Required skills to be successful
- Experienced and certified Diagnostics Master Technician (DMT)
- At least 5 years’ recent experience in the automotive dealership as a Workshop Supervisor, Controller or Foreman
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Diploma
- Ability to write technical reports
About the team
The Technical Advisor role will report to the Workshop Manager. This role is specifically designed to interact with customer that experience technical issues. You will collaborate with other Divisions and other branches to maximize overall business benefits. You will also have daily interaction with internal stakeholders such as Aftersales Manager, Retail Service Manager, Workshop Manager & Service Advisors to monitor & evaluate quality performance against set standards.
What equips you for the role
- Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Automobile / Mechanical Engineering
- Technical certifications
- Valid UAE Driving license
- 5 years of overall experience with automobile dealerships, of which minimum 2 years in similar role or Diagnostic Master Technician.
- Excellent communications in English (written and verbal)
- Customer complaint handling
About Al-Futtaim Automotive
A major division of the UAE-based Al-Futtaim Group of companies, Al-Futtaim Automotive is an industry leader with presence in 10 countries across the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Our core business activities at Al-Futtaim Automotive include distribution, manufacturing, leasing and aftersales, and we are firmly established as the regional representative of some of the world’s most iconic automotive brands: Toyota, Lexus, Honda, Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge, Volvo and RAM.
We are driven by a customer-centric approach, constantly pushing the boundaries on innovation, quality standards, and value-added service across our vast universe of customers – right from motoring enthusiasts to fleet operators to contractors. Our mission is to become the leader in custom-made mobility solutions by delivering nothing less than world-class omni-channel experiences.
We channel our local expertise and global trust to deliver one of the most comprehensive portfolios of mobility products and solutions, from passenger cars to SUVs, electric vehicles to high-performance motorbikes, commercial vehicles to industrial & construction equipment.
What keeps the company moving forward is a 9000-member strong team, with inspiring possibilities for growth, throughout the career path. This is Al-Futtaim Automotive and we empower talent to move forward.
To apply for this job please visit ae.indeed.com.