ALBERTA TREE FARMS
Full Job Description
- Work Term: Permanent
- Work Language: English
- Hours: 35 to 40 hours per week
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years
- or equivalent experience
- Budding trees
- Seed cutting
- Soil fertility programs
- Vertical farming system
- Maintain farm machinery, equipment and buildings
- Manage overall operation of farm
- Organize and co-ordinate planting, cultivating and crop harvesting activities; raising and breeding of livestock and poultry
- Purchase machinery, livestock, seed, feed and other supplies
- Determine the amount and kinds of crops to be grown and livestock to be raised
- Establish marketing programs
- Maintain financial and production records
- Perform general farm duties
- Recruit, hire and supervise staff and/or volunteers
- 5-10 people
- Staff in various areas of responsibility
Type of product
- Coniferous trees
- Deciduous trees
- Valid driver’s licence
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Fast-paced environment
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Handling heavy loads
- Large workload
- Manual dexterity
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
- Work under pressure
- Overtime required
- Efficient interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication
- Team player
- Values and ethics
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is your current level of study?
- Involves duties and responsibilities that lead to positive environmental outcomes
- Involves supporting green economy sectors
- Health care plan
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- On-site housing options
- Team building opportunities
- Transportation provided by employer
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.