Sr. Project Engineer
Job Summary :
To manage and ensure successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling, and closure of projects in a collaborative and qualitative environment
- Providing customer service levels that meet or exceed customers’ expectations throughout the life of the order.
- Understand project specifications and objectives.
- Managing projects to maintain or enhance margin and report periodically. Proactively identify potential issues.
- Managing simple and complex PEB and structural steel projects that includes oil and gas projects
- Assuring milestone dates and deliverables are met (i.e. App dwgs, mfg completion dates, Ship dates, L/C’s, Variations, etc…..), provide updates throughout the entire project.
- Responding to field issues and questions – engage engineering and other resources as required to resolve.
- Investigating claims promptly and resolving them fairly.
- A proactive approach to change orders.
- Employing sound risk management principles that meet or exceed profitability expectations
- Supporting and engaging in a collaborative work environment between Engineering, Purchasing, planning, Sales, Manufacturing, and all other departments.
- Achieve company objectives and profitability goals. Ongoing review of project cost/productivity status.
- Focus on continuous personal and business improvement and cost reduction and post-construction reviews.
- Serving as the main point of contact for sales and end clients for any project-related questions/requests
- Attending site coordination meetings and preparing minutes of meetings
- Arranging kick-off meetings and progress meetings with all project stakeholders and preparing minutes of meetings and ensuring the action plan is executed as per the agreed timelines.
Minimum Entry Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering with Structural emphasis or Construction Management and preferably in Civil engineering
- Strong knowledge and practice in multiple project management
- Good knowledge of managing, planning, and executing special projects
- Good knowledge of steel design and erection
- Good knowledge of quality control procedures
- Proven success in developing and managing strong customer relationships
- Good knowledge of contracts and commercial terms
- Good knowledge of MS office tools (excel, PowerPoint)
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD
Skills Required :
- Good communication skills should be able to communicate with internal and external parties
- Able to maintain good coordination between various departments
- Problem-solving skills
- Decision-making skills
- Team building skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Patient (Not easily rattled)
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.