TSA Officer ( Fresher)
Transportation Security Officer (TSO) – Immediate Need
Location – Kansas City International Airport, Kansas City, MO
No prior security experience required; all required training is provided and compensated.
Wouldn’t it be great to build your career supporting our nation’s first line of defense against threats to air traffic? With NETS, you will have the opportunity to utilize your great customer service and critical-thinking skills while ensuring the safety of the traveling public. As a Transportation Security Officer (TSO) working alongside a team of aviation security professionals, you will be responsible for identifying dangerous objects in property and/or on passengers; and preventing those objects from being transported onto aircrafts. Additionally, the TSO will be responsible for:
- Conducting passenger pat-downs, and property searches; lifting/carrying bags (up to 50 pounds), bins and property.
- Continuously and effectively interacting with the public by giving directions and responding to inquiries.
- Providing the traveling public with the highest levels of customer service and professionalism.
- Providing effective decision-making in both crisis and routine situations; maintain focus and awareness within a stressful distracting environment.
- Operating various screening equipment.
Experience Needed to be Successful:
- Must possess excellent communication skills with proficiency in the English language; ability to read, write, speak and comprehend.
- Ability to operate security equipment at screening checkpoints.
- Attention to detail, interpersonal skills with established reliable work values.
- Ability to successfully complete required classroom, on-the-job training, and certification exams.
- Able to work irregular hours and/or shifts including holidays and weekends.
- Ability to retain knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Education: Must possess a High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent.
- Can additional years of experience be substituted for degree? Yes, a minimum of one year of full-time work experience in security aviation screening or X-ray technician work.
- Work Status Requirement: US Citizen
- Age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Required Certifications: None
- Proof of Covid vaccination will be required.
Minimum Clearance to Start:
Ability to obtain a successful background investigation clearance to include criminal and credit checks. Credit checks that reveal any one of the following will result in ineligibility for this position:
- Defaulted on $7500 or more in debt (excluding certain circumstances of bankruptcy)
- Owe any delinquent federal or state taxes, or any past due child support payments
Travel and Telecommuting:
- Possible travel to Glynco, GA for 2 weeks to complete required training at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) or at another location determined by the TSA. This will be followed with on-the-job training and required certification testing.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- No experience needed
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.