Mechanical Engineer ( Interiors & Cab )
We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
ME – Mechanical Engineer (Interior and CAB)
Purpose of the Job
- Supporting Interior & CAB domain activities and deliverables on a project in compliance with QCD commitments.
- Implementing applicable Train Design Metier instructions, processes & tools.
- Hierarchical Reporting: (Site) EDU Manager
- Functional Reporting: (project) Mechanical Lead Engineer (MLE)
Accountable for :
- Planning and piloting Interior & CAB Domain activities and related deliverables on project considering applicable instructions/processes and other specific Customer (internal or external) requirements.
- Ensuring Interior & CAB Domain deliverables quality and their acceptance by the Customer (internal or external) within committed limits.
- Reporting activities progress and alerting relevant N+1 in case of issue potentially impacting achievement of QCD commitments.
- Coordinate with internal / external customer/ supplier (local or global) to validate inputs to ensure QCD targets on first time.
- Defining requirements and mechanical interfaces of equipment (Allocated volume, weight, location, preferred part list etc.)
- Demonstrate standard engineering practices (example: material selection, Tolerance stack up, Location strategy, perceived quality, knowledge of manufacturing, serviceability, assembly, LCC, DFMEA) during design phase
- Writing system specifications derived from train level requirements; validating MOP through test specifications and reports.
- Monitoring assigned Mechanical Sub-Systems deliveries conformity with project needs.
- Checking supplier’s and sub-contractor’s Design Quality.
- Implementing Train Design rules, processes and tools (single-domain) and ensuring Interior & CAB Domain deliverables quality and their acceptance by the Customer (internal or external) within committed limits
- Participating in production of deliverables in accordance with planning targets on Mechanical Domain assigned work-packages.
- Designing products considering project requirements (performances, manufacturability, serviceability, testability, etc.).
- Preparing and documenting Mechanical Domain Design Reviews according to project schedule and following-up the main open actions.
- Checking respect of Allocated volumes/interfaces (no-clashes) on internal design.
- Reporting on Mechanical Domain activities progress, anticipating issues (capacity, skills, rule applicability, etc.) and alerting if needed.
- Respecting and/or allocating requirements and mechanical interfaces to Sub-Systems/equipment (Allocated volume, weight, location, Project specific part list, etc.)
- Analysing and consolidating change request impacts on domain scope
- Producing Domain deliverables (Requirement management in DOORs tool, Validation Plan, design deliveries, design reviews, Co-engineering with cross functional teams etc.)
- Validating relevant Mechanical Domain deliverables and securing planning.
- Verifying design via mock-ups or simulations.
Contributor for :
- Supporting Sourcing, Industrialization and Manufacturing teams during Production ramp-up.
- Collaborating with MDL for continuous improvement of the Domain (including RoE)
- Establishing Certification & Validation Plans for TD scope.
- Knowledge of basic product design life cycle and engineering rigor to achieve first time right.
- Good Communications and interpersonal skills including with third parties (customer).
- Time management and reporting skill.
- Customer & Product Focus.
- Sound technical background with knowledge of RS commodities preferred
- Structured and organised with Hands-on approach.
- English operational in read/writing and technical meetings.
- Knowledge of Foreign language (ex. French, German. etc) shall be favourable.
- Direct functional reporting: 0 to 4 persons
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
To apply for this job please visit in.indeed.com.