Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We’re building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve.
Cheddar is looking for a creative, driven, and experienced Production Assistant to assist in the broadcast of live daily news programming for Cheddar. The candidate will have experience working in live news with an expertise in writing scripts and working within show rundowns. A knowledge of business and technology news is necessary, paired with a broad understanding of major topics in political, general, and cultural news. The candidate must also be able to conduct guest research to help segment and line producers prep for interviews. You need to be able to work in a high-pressure environment and produce under tight deadlines. The successful candidate must be a self- starter and independent worker. At the same time, he or she must be adaptable and flexible, a team player who is able to mix easily and work effectively in our small, scrappy and highly collaborative team.
- Fulfill tasks, including running a prompter live in the control room and creating show rundowns and cheat sheets.
- Build show graphics and elements in rundown software (ENPS).
- Generate exceptional story ideas, including breaking news and creative story angles.
- Coordinate with Line Producer to help make great editorial decisions – with a keen eye on topics in business, technology, politics, and culture.
- Makes certain all elements (video and audio) meet quality standards.
- Experience in journalism and live production.
- Knowledge of news video/TV production.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Strong grammar, copy editing and communication skills.
- Familiarity with SEO, RSS, Twitter, Facebook and other social media.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
Pay is competitive and based on a number of job-related factors, including skills and experience. The starting pay rate/range at time of hire for this position in the posted location is $33,482.00 – $55,007.00 / year. The rate/range provided herein is the anticipated pay at the time of hire, and does not reflect future job opportunity.
Applicants for employment with Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable) as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our Fraud FAQ for further details.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.