Data Center Facility Engineer
AWS have an exciting Data Center Facility Engineer opportunity in Abu Dhabi available for a UAE national with family book. AWS are committed to contributing towards the UAE’s goal of employing 75,000 Emiratis in the private sector and Ministerial Resolution No.279.
We are currently looking for a detail-oriented individual to join our Data Center Engineering Operations Team. This committed group works to maintain the critical physical infrastructure that supports our Data Center Organization within Amazon. Specifically, this team works to ensure that the data center operates at 100% availability while maintaining first-class customer service to the teams and groups within the data centers.
This position will report to the Data Center Engineering Operations Facilities Manager and provide a central point of ownership and accountability for the overall ‘hands-on’ management of Electrical infrastructure with control experience. It will also include event management, incident management, problem management, and change management. In addition, this will include the relationship management with critical facility vendors, the Data Center Construction team, the Data Center Operations team, the Security team, and the Logistics team.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Operations and Maintenance:
· Ownership of all Data Center changes/events/incidents/problems from beginning to end as well as overseeing the completion of root cause analysis and follow-up resolution actions.
· Responsible for ensuring maintenance/ repairs of site-critical facility infrastructure or a Data Center are planned and executed in the best interest of the business.
· Responsible for Asset and Inventory management.
· Develop and maintain method statements, standard operating procedures, emergency response procedures, and preventive maintenance programs. Ensure standardization and consistency with best-in-class operating practices.
· Develop a complete, deep knowledge of the design intent, operational alternatives, and contingency plans related to all Data Center systems.
· Understand the engineering aspects of the Data Centers related to Health & Safety, local statutory requirements, and environmental and energy management.
· Deliver the regular engineering reports and ensure adherence to contracted deliverables including SLA’s and KPI’s.
· Providing hands-on facility support where required (e.g. installation of new equipment, decommissioning of equipment, replacement of faulty equipment, internal audits…etc.)
· Take part in technical compliance auditing and the effective and timely close out of corrective action plans. Take part in annual operational reviews with a focus on compliance with Amazon standards and all applicable regulatory requirements. (Audits)
· Manage the delivery of the portfolio of Energy/Environmental Management Programs
· Keep abreast of Data Center industry innovation
· Incident and Emergency Response:
· Reviewing incident reports, documenting periodic trend summaries, and providing updates and recommended actions to management
· Managing information flow during incidents while providing regular updates to management
· Manage and coordinate with vendors to resolve any incidents during emergency situations. This may require to physically be dispatched on to site to investigate and resolve the issue
Key job responsibilities
• Supervise contractors who perform servicing or preventive maintenance
• Provide technical support in maintaining mechanical and electrical equipment
• Operate and maintain mechanical and electrical equipment
• Perform root cause analysis for operational issues
• Troubleshoot facility and rack level events within internal SLA
• Ensure all personnel on-site follow safety protocols
• Work on-call and a rotating schedule as needed
• Take daily operational readings and provide metrics reporting to senior engineers
• Perform basic support concepts such as ticketing systems, root cause analysis, and task prioritization.
- An undergraduate degree in the Electrical or Mechanical engineering field
- A good understanding on the nature of mission-critical systems (Data Centers, Hospitals, Power plants, military facilities, etc.).
- Previous vendor negotiation and management skills for Data Center and/or upgrade construction contracts.
- Ability to write and review accurate and complete support procedures, system documentation, and issue-tracking entries.
- UAE National with family book
- Experience of Data Center operations and on-call support for Data Center facilities.
- Controls experience
- Ability to read the Single Line diagram (SLD), Control wiring and piping and instrumentation diagram.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.