If you are eager to be involved in continuing to define the future of online retail, and are an organized self-starter, apply to join our team in Amazon Operations as an Area Manager! Amazon provides extensive training and development for entry level managers to become exceptional people leaders.
This role will start between and. This is not a corporate, office-based position.
This is a full-time position located within one of our Amazon fulfillment centers, sort centers, delivery stations or other operations buildings. Amazon is looking for high-potential entry level leaders. As a people manager on the operations floor, you will have an opportunity to invest in others and develop a collaborative leadership style, while utilizing the tools, processes, and operations that have helped create the most customer-centric company on Earth. Come learn how the largest online retailer in the world runs its fulfillment and delivery networks!
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations! Our Operation’s workflow can be broken to three major lanes: first mile – where the product is housed and ready for your order; second mile – where your order is hauled to your area; and last mile – when the product is delivered to your door. Please note that all lanes have slight building variations, but one thing is constant, our vision and dedication to the customer.
Locations and Placement:
· This position is not a corporate role or in an office setting. This position is interactive, on-the-floor with your team and will be located in a fulfillment center, sort center, delivery station, or other building within the Amazon Fulfillment Network.
· Although this role is tied to a certain city, placement opportunities are nationwide. This means you will be placed at an operations building within the Amazon Fulfillment Network that most aligns with your location preferences and the current location availability after you interview.
· Must be willing to relocate at time of hire (you will be placed at an operations building that most aligns with your location preferences and the current location availability after you interview.)
Key job responsibilities
· Coach, manage, and develop a team of 50-200 Amazon associates
· Communicate policies to your team and act as the primary information source for the team -maintaining compliance, consistency, and taking corrective action when needed
· Create, manage, and support recognition programs
· Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates
· Ensure procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
· Partner with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
· Develop performance goals and targets to achieve customer demand and ensure accuracy and quality
Must be able to perform the following tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation:
· Stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours
· Access all areas of building (Depending on the operations building, this may include ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways, and shipping docks safely and without limitation)
· Walk in/and around all areas of the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
· Willing and able to work any permanent shift that may include overnights and holidays. Note that there is a high chance that your shift may overlap into part of the weekend.
· Regularly bend, lift, stretch and reach both below the waist and above the head
· Lift and move items up to 49 pounds
A day in the life
As an Area Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead and develop your own team of Amazon associates in a distribution warehouse environment. Your main focus will be motivating, mentoring, and managing your team to meet targeted goals. As a people manager, you will ensure that the team of Amazon associates has all the tools needed to succeed and maintain the highest levels of safety, quality, and attendance performance at work.
· Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
· Adept at the ability to motivate others in a deadline-focused environment
· Ability to evaluate and dive deep into data to provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions
· Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
· Currently enrolled in or recently graduated with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Supply Chain, Business or another related field.
· Interest in growing in the field of Operations and Supply Chain Management
· Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please notify your recruiter.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.