Onsite Medical Representative
The Amazon Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) team aims to provide tools, resources, and environments that support safe, efficient, healthy behaviors and encourage employees to proactively manage their health and wellbeing. To support these goals, Amazon is seeking an experienced and innovative Onsite Medical Representative (OMR) to join our team.
In this position, you will work closely with the WHS site manager, Wellness Specialists (WSs) and the WHS specialist. You will be required to independently evaluate and provide first aid (e.g., for musculoskeletal injuries), advise Amazon Associates (AAs) on occupational and non-occupational injuries, have great verbal communication skills, be able to connect with AAs, as well as, Amazon Managers, within the limits of your professional code and training where applicable.
You should enjoy learning and applying your knowledge about health & wellness to provide care for AAs on a daily basis. You will refer care to outside medical providers as needed, and learn about provincial and federal regulations and risk analysis. Practical ergonomics experience is advantageous. However, ergonomics topics will also be covered in ongoing training.
The OMR will function as a part of the larger team onsite, helping to provide assistance with all first aid needs and support operations as needed. This includes greeting all new hires for the site, either within a group setting at New Hire Orientation or through one-on-one interaction. The OMR will also participate, as needed, in incident investigations and weekly case management review meetings.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide triage, prompt first aid within the scope of your training, and/or referral to outside medical providers, if indicated
- Minimize the AA risk of injury through awareness, education and proactive engagement
- Maintain all records of care provided to AAs
- Develop a first aid care plan for AAs recovering from an injury, focused on injury improvement, including self-care instructions as needed
- Manage the workers’ compensation and return to work process for AAs with work related injuries
- Provide daily activity logs and end of shift reports
- Spend frequent time on the warehouse floor to interact and engage with AAs and managers to coach on observed at-risk work habits
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment
- Monitor and ensure appropriate medical supply inventory is maintained
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc tasks as assigned
- Willing to be trained to teach First Aid/CPR/AED certification classes
- Work flexible shifts which could include days, nights, and/or weekends
- Communicate effectively
- Display professional behavior
- Multitask and have exceptional time management skills
- Work in and embrace an inclusive and diverse atmosphere
- Follow direction, policy, and procedures as per Amazon and local regulation
- Maintain composure in emergencies and lead emergency response at the site
- Able to be trained as an advanced first aider who holds a certificate in advanced first aid from an approved training agency
- High School or equivalent diploma
- Must have a valid card evidencing successful completion of Advanced Care Paramedic under the Paramedics Profession Regulation (AR 151/2016) OR, registered nurse who is a member of the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta established under the Health Professions Act.
- Must have a valid card evidencing successful completion of the standard first aid with CPR/AED level A or C from any accredited Canadian certifying authority.
- Certified to teach first aid, CPR, and AED training from Heart and Stroke Foundation or Canadian Red Cross
- Trained as an advanced first aider who holds a certificate in advanced first aid from an approved training agency.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with an industrial wellness program
- Passion for promoting health and wellness
- Experience coaching on body mechanics
- Experience managing musculoskeletal disorders
- Experience in ergonomics
- Experience with federal and province specific regulations
- Experience with Workers Compensation
- Proficient in digital recordkeeping
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.