Group Manager, D2AS
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
Amazon.com strives to be Earth’s most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. With your help, Amazon associates will deliver Device, Digital & Alexa services to customers. This includes world-class services on Amazon devices like Echo, Kindle, Fire TV and Dash Button, as well as digital content like games, software, music & videos. Amazon’s evolution on devices and content is fueled by our spirit of innovation that is part of the company’s DNA.
Amazon is looking for Group Manager who will have responsibility for up to 90 associates and direct line management of 4-6 Team Managers. This is an onsite role.
The number one priority for this role is to ensure that associates are supported to deliver a world class experience. The role will require you to be a gatekeeper to ensure your Team Manager priorities remain focused on supporting their associates and ensuring defects do not get sent down the line to associates. To enable Team Managers to focus on supporting their people, your role will be to oversee the operational delivery of the teams in your remit.
The ideal Group Manager ensures that Team Manager priorities and tasks are aligned to supporting associates apply the Amazon CS Contact Tenets. To achieve this, an ideal Group Manager coaches and supports their Team Managers to build a work environment where associates are engaged and feel a positive sense of achievement about their role in delivering world class service.
You will be responsible for the overall performance and operational delivery of your teams, this will require you to work with key support functions such as site Work Flow, Training and Quality Assurance to review performance trends and opportunities and take action to improve the service level and quality of performance.
You will be an escalation point for your Team Managers and their people to take action on issues or barriers impacting the customer experience. You will represent your team in the wider business, being accountable for creating the input, actions and representation of team performance in standard meeting routines such as metric calls. You will also be a key partner for business teams when operational points of contact to co-ordinate launches, messaging or reviews are required.
- Candidates must have completed a Matric/Grade 12/NQF4 or equivalent or higher qualification
- Minimum two years people management experience in Amazon CS or minimum four years people management experience in a similar role
- Experience directly leading a team(s) of people or leading leaders who lead teams of people
- Strong written, verbal and listening skills
- Knows and communicates the Amazon mission, vision and strategy
- Ability to confidently facilitate team discussions and communicate business messages
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and approach ability
- Understands and owns the controllable elements of service level delivery
- Ability to use data and insights to prepare metric reviews
- Assists and supports the creation of operational plans to support peak ramp up and down within your area of control as well as readiness for your business launches
- Acts as the operational representative for business teams to understand voice of the customer or partner in key process or policy changes
- Builds plans to test and experiment new approaches to service delivery
- Uses data to identify areas of ongoing improvement in how service is delivered
- Takes action on issues escalated from within the team, works with the rest of the business to bring issues to resolution.
- Advanced computer skills using a variety of programs
- Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean Processes
- Project Management experience
- Experience in a technical/digital department as a Manager
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer, and we value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Amazon is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from South African citizens who are members of designated groups who may contribute to Employment Equity within the workplace and the further diversification of ideas.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.