Management Degree Apprentice (CMDA)
Full Job Description
For the apprenticeship programme you must be eligible for government funding and for this you need to:
- Have lived in the UK or in the EU for the last 3 years
- Have the right to work in the UK
- Be a resident of the UK for the entire duration of the programme (36 months)
Academic Qualifications required:
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent at Grade C or above OR functional skills in Maths and English level 2
- Two A levels at grade ‘C’ or above (or equivalent)
Finally, you must have flexibility in working hours and shift patterns to provide cover for operational requirements.
Find your Future with Amazon Apprenticeships.
- This role will be onsite and can be based in any of the following Amazon sites:
DBS2 – Avonmouth, Bristol BS11 0YH, UK
DOX2 – Banbury OX16 2FW, UK
Investment in Apprentices is in our DNA. We look to constantly innovate and create. In order to do this, we recognise that whilst technology is a partner, it’s our people that power us.
We offer a broad range of Apprenticeship opportunities to suit all candidates with different backgrounds, qualifications and career aspirations, so whether you are embarking on your career or want a change of direction, we have an Apprenticeship programme for you, which will support your development in an innovative environment.
We’re looking for those with a passion for learning. You’ll need to be committed to your own development whilst implementing what you are learning as you progress through your programme. In return, we provide first class on-the-job coaching, specialist partner training, and unparalleled experiences working within a diverse, innovative environment where you will be challenged to excel and positively contribute.
Apply today to be part of the story.
Key job responsibilities
About the role:
We are looking for exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people to join our Operations Teams to complete the Chartered Management Degree Apprenticeship (CMDA) at one of our warehouses in England. As a degree apprentice, you will join Amazon in a supervisory role, where you will oversee the management of one or more processes across our operation, leading a small team of up to 20 on your shift.
In this role you will be driving the pulse of our operations on the ground and playing a key role in getting our customers’ orders out to them in every step of our fast moving and dynamic process. This is a varied, challenging role and every day is different!
About the apprenticeship:
As an apprentice you will dedicate 20% of your working time to your apprenticeship studies, attending seminars, writing assignments, and completing other ‘off-the-job’ learning activities. The remaining 80% of your time will be spent ‘on-the-job’ as a supervisor. Apprentices work closely with site management teams to ensure that the assigned department is performing in line with the plan and that customer expectations are met, if not exceeded.
We have designed two different paths depending on your previous experience:
If you have less than 2 years of experience in a full time supervisory role, you will join a three-and-a-half-year programme delivered by Exeter University.
If you have more than 2 years of experience working full time on a supervisory role, you will join a 3 years programme delivered by Manchester Metropolitan University.
Participants will develop their skills in the workplace, supported by an Amazon mentor and a University Skills Coach who will help support to effectively embed learning alongside managerial practice. The programme will leave graduates with the experience and competences necessary to take successful long-term managerial responsibility for people, projects, operations, and services within the business.
Units in the ODM apprenticeship cover self-awareness, building relationships and communication skills, leadership, and operational and financial management. Apprentices will be encouraged to demonstrate how they can apply these skills in the workplace. In year two, apprentices will complete a project management unit with the opportunity to take on part of or an entire workplace project. Upon successful completion of the ODM apprenticeship, you will commence the CMDA programme. Modules include sales and marketing, business finance and will culminate in an organisational research project. Apprentices will reconcile their learning at the end of the final year through the creation of a business portfolio, demonstrating the way in which they have continually applied their knowledge directly to the context of Amazon operations.
In order to maximise your on-the-job learning, you can expect to spend time in different areas of our fast-paced warehouse environment. Learners will follow a workplace placement plan, and could spend time in support functions such as Procurement, Quality, and HR, to broaden business knowledge. You can expect to work on different shift patterns throughout your apprenticeship, including some weekend and/or night shift work patterns.
- Ensure customer orders are fulfilled per quality guidelines
- Assign work to employees as required to support workflow and daily production KPIs/goals
- Develop subject matter expertise on all operations processes in assigned department
- Create and cultivate a safety culture by identifying and addressing safety hazards within the work environment
- Deliver coaching and feedback to associates related to productivity, quality, and safe behaviors
- Support management with tracking, trending, and reporting of departmental metrics
- Support management in analyzing and understanding the reasons behind success and failure in meeting departmental delivery and Site KPIs/goals
- Drive actions as communicated by manager to remove barriers impacting good shift performance
- Support management team in training and upskilling new associates
- Ensure that all apprenticeship activities are completed in the required timescale
- You are able to read, understand, and communicate in English, and interact and engage comfortably with people at all levels of the business
- You can follow a list of guidelines and instructions (verbal or written) to deliver results and meet deadlines.
- You are flexible, adaptable, and proactive, with a hands-on approach
- You have excellent customer facing skills and deliver impeccable customer service
- You seek and respond well to feedback
To apply for this job please visit uk.indeed.com.