Senior Account Executive, General Brand
Wondery is looking for a Sr. Account Executive to support our rapidly growing business. This is an exciting time to join a fast-growing company in an emerging new media space and in a role with broad scope and the potential to make a real impact. This person will work closely with the Head of Podcast Ad Revenue and other Wondery team members to establish Wondery as the leading global podcast ad network. This role is a critical member of the Sales Team, focused on using data to make decision that will help us scale, achieve operational efficiency, optimize margins, recruit, onboard and train new Account Executives and Account Managers, and strive for operational excellence and customer-driven innovation in a global growth environment.
The ideal candidate will have previously held a similar role in a quickly scaling sales organization, ideally at an entertainment company or digital brand, and have a passion for selling advertising solutions to the Fortune 500 C-Level and their ad agencies to successfully grow and scale the team’s category’s domestic revenues. With their broad and long-standing client-side and agency relationships within the digital audio space, and consultative approach and deep understanding of the podcasting landscape, they will act as a strategic partner to their assigned clients and agencies to ensure that their business goals are met.
Key job responsibilities
• Owns key client and agency relationships and builds accounts by establishing trust and ensuring the delivery of high-quality work
• Leads calls and meetings to uncover needs, provide updates, negotiate contracts, and receive project feedback
• Continually develop quality and quantity of opportunities needed to achieve territory goals, providing regular funnel activity/updates
• Achieve monthly KPIs including, but not limited to pre-determined number of face-to -face customer presentations, quotes and wins
• Supports the gathering of any required assets, documentation, and data from clients and other sources
• Manages client projects from beginning to end and works with internal teams on timelines, internal and external communication, resources, and deliverables; delivers project timelines to clients and proactively keeps documentation and project management software updated
• Creates quotes and proposals for new projects; Builds project budgets and statements of work
• Cultivates and seeks new opportunities within current clients and agencies; prospects new clients and assists in the creation and delivery of pitches
• Reviews all assigned work to ensure quality control and the achievement of the finalized goal
• Manages project finances ensuring accountant has all necessary information for billing and invoicing
A day in the life
You’d like this job if:
• You know how to earn trust and build relationships. You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions.
• You like ownership and moving fast. You have a bias towards action, an ownership mentality and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing work environment.
• You like to dive deep and deliver results. You like to dig into the data to make the right call.
• You like to invent and simplify. You always look for ways to innovate and improve, constantly looking toward solving the next scaling challenge.
• You are a self-directed problem-solver. You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
About the team
Wondery, an Amazon company, is a premium podcast studio known for character-driven, binge-worthy stories including Dr. Death, British Scandal, Even the Rich and Business Wars, and distribution of hit partner shows SmartLess, My Favorite Murder, Morbid and How I Built This. Wondery was behind eight of the “Top 25 New Shows of 2022”, according to Podtrac, including Twin Flames, Fed Up and Will be Wild. Over 50 shows from Wondery have hit #1 on Apple Podcasts including Scamfluencers and Twin Flames. Many Wondery podcasts have been adapted for scripted television or streaming series, including Dr. Death and Joe vs Carole on Peacock and The Shrink Next Door and WeCrashed on Apple TV+. Wondery has gained critical acclaim and commercial success for its immersive approach to sonic, emotionally driven storytelling. The Wondery app offers a unique, personalized podcast listening experience, including access to its premium ad-free offering Wondery+. With Wondery+, fans experience early access, exclusive episodes, and ad-free listening. https://wondery.com/
- 5+ years of experience with entertainment marketing, audio, or other media sales
- Experience building client-side media agency partnerships
- Experience using data and analytics to drive sales strategy and results
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent sales experience
- Experience with C-level sales
- Experience selling through large scale audio programs to film studios, television companies and streaming services
- Podcast & video sales experience
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets
- Experience with sales CRM tools such as Salesforce or similar software
- Experience with negotiation and relationship building skills with sales teams (and ideally with content creators, agencies and brands)
- Experience with strategic partnership building
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.