Customer Service (CS) Continuous Improvement Sr Expert
As part of Amazon mission to be the most customer-centric company, the Amazon Customer Excellence System (ACES) Continuous Improvement Sr Expert, will assist with and drive continuous improvements of Customer Services processes for WW Customer Services within Device, Digital and Alexa Services D2AS.
They will align local priorities with customer requirements and partner with the WW Customer Services ACES team to implement changes throughout the Customer Services network. The successful candidate will also lead process improvement projects, facilitate meetings, and deliver training on process improvement concepts and techniques as appropriate.
This role reports to the CS ACES Exports & D2AS Program Manager and can be located in any of the Americas Customer Services sites.
· Facilitates the execution of the WW ACES strategy for D2AS through CS management and support teams.
· Develops mechanisms that produce a sustainable continuous improvement culture.
· Coaches and trains CS management and project teams on ACES concepts and methodologies.
· Performs quantitative analysis of key process indicators to identify opportunities for process improvement.
· Demonstrates discretion in coordination of project scoping and selection to align with business objectives.
· Oversees segment of D2AS project portfolio as assigned, assisting individual project managers with execution and delivery of results.
· Audits completed projects to verify sustained impact and partners with Financial Controller to validate impact.
· Help drive D2AS project communication, including project updates and other initiatives through approved communication plan.
· Provide leadership on ACES project selection, scope, definition, and performance to ensure alignment with business strategy.
· Collaborate and communicate with other WW ACES specialist on best practices, internal and external benchmarking, talent development, programs of study and knowledge sharing.
· Attend meetings as necessary to facilitate growth and network-wide parity.
· Manages projects as assigned by manager.
Key job responsibilities
Drives detailed discussions and high-level alignment. Produces clear, concise documents (e.g., A3s, narratives, PR/FAQs). Is clear and concise in verbal and written communication. Influences peers without authority. Communicates effectively in a toward culture.
Contributes to team and organization documents (e.g., project/program requirements and roadmap, status, tenets, MBR/QBR, OP1/OP2). Influences managers and peer teams without authority. Drives organizational documents (e.g. decision narratives, investment proposals, MBR/QBR, roadmaps, etc.) internally/externally. Owns customer engagement for major program issues. Designs program value propositions for large audiences, PR, Marketing, Sales. Higher levels require ability to communicate across an increasing diversity of areas. Chooses the communication vehicle based on the audience. Influences senior leaders within parent organization without authority. Drives organizational documents (e.g. OP1/2, etc.) internally/externally and organizational proposal documents. Influences peer organizations and departmental senior leaders without authority.
Owns a small program. Manages difficult and/or cross-functional projects/goals. Defines program requirements and drives team(s)/partners to meet goals. Accelerates progress by driving timely decisions. Able to spot risks, ask the right questions. Clears blockers, escalates appropriately. Makes trade-offs: time vs. quality vs. resources.
Moderate. Multiple team goals and program-related metrics. May impact a country or region.
A day in the life
You contributes to team and organization documents (e.g., project/program requirements and roadmap, status, tenets, MBR/QBR, OP1/OP2). Influences managers and peer teams without authority. You meet timelines and minimize disruption to partner and engineering teams, especially during their peak efforts. You manage overall schedule, proactively mitigate any risks, and keep the scope of effort under control.
You own all program communication. You accelerate progress by driving crisp and timely decisions, clearing blockers (e.g., path to green), escalating appropriately. You apply process improvement methodologies (e.g., Agile, Lean, Kaizen analyses, or another approach). You may oversee a roll-out process, including shepherding testing, and other launch efforts.
You include buffer time, plan for the unexpected, making sure that dependencies are not broken by changes related to the efforts you manage. You plan effectively to make sure those involved in your projects are not overburdened and that outcomes are maintainable. You may manage post-launch support plans (e.g., post-mortem, issue/ticket management, possibly COEs). You look for opportunities to improve system quality and operational excellence. You help recruit and interview for your team. You mentor and help develop others.
About the team
The Amazon Customer Excellence System (ACES) is the management philosophy and practice used by Customer Service to eliminate defects and improve customer experience. To add value and achieve long-term results, we have adopted the following tenets:
1. Human experience comes first. In a conflict between prioritizing between high dollar impact and egregious human experiences (either a customer or employee), the latter wins.
2. Culture enablers. We amplify the long-term value of continuous improvement by providing others with the tools and mechanisms they need to solve problems independently.
3. It is ok to fail. We look for ways to say yes and experiment when facing two-way door decisions, because we can iterate, fix it and learn from it.
4. Process oriented. We believe optimizing processes will improve customers’ experience instead of managing output metrics.
5. Deep continuous improvement methodology: Our differentiator is our continuous improvement mastery; we invest our resources in process efficiency and root cause elimination over generic program or project management needs.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
· Project management experience
· Experience in leading broader, cross-functional, continuous improvement projects that may or may not have global impact and demonstrate skillful usage of lean tools, project management skills, and continuous improvement cycles (DMAIC, Kaizen 6 step, etc.). Ability to generate and understand descriptive & inferential statistics and use them to effectively solve business problems.
· Ability to translate complex statistical data into practical information/conclusions. Possesses an advanced understanding of the scientific method and mechanisms.
· Experience communicating and presenting to groups
· Ability to communicate effectively across a multitude of platforms with team members in European teams
· Operates with considerable autonomy and discretion
· Stakeholder Management skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
· Experience leading and/or participating in structured process improvement activities such as Kaizen Events
· Experience managing a project portfolio
· Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification
· Mastery of SQL, SharePoint, Excel, Power Point, Word and Statistical package (e.g. JMP or Minitab)
· Strong analytical background – 7 Quality tools, SPC, Hypothesis Testing, Regression Analysis
· Advanced degree (technical or MBA) preferred
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products
· Strong communication verbal and written communication skills
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.