Senior Reliability Maintenance & Engineering (RME) Technician
About the job
Do you have a passion for motivating, mentoring, and leading a team? Do you pride yourself in maintaining the highest levels of safety, quality and performance? As a Senior Reliability Maintenance Engineering (RME) Technician, you will play a key role in guiding the technical team in providing both reactive and pro-active maintenance services on all operational equipment and facilities infrastructure within the Fulfillment Center (FC).
The Senior RME Technician will have a significant impact on customer experience. You’ll have the ability to lead other Engineering Technicians, design solutions for challenging problems, able to manage outside contractors, handle multiple projects and daily activities.
Responsibilities Will Include
- To provide supervision and leadership to Maintenance Technicians on day shift.
- To act as an ambassador for safety within the team and to promote safe working across the site.
- To carry out Performance Reviews.
- To develop and deliver Preventive Maintenance programs.
- To install, maintain, and troubleshoot all FC systems including power distribution, automated material handling equipment, conveyance, packaging machines, labelling machines, HVAC and all other operational equipment.
- Experience in installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting any of the following: relay logic, ladder diagrams, controls components, sensors & scanners, motor starters, relays, limit switches, proximity sensors, solenoids, servo drives, frequency inverters, linear drives, sorters and encoders.
- Preferably with experience working on PLC’s and PLC programs, ability to troubleshoot ladder logic, components.
- To mentor technicians by motivating, providing guidance and directions to help them achieve their goals.
- Multi skilled in both electrical or mechanical disciplines preferred.
- Completed trade qualification as Mechanical Fitter/Turner, or
- Current Electrical contractor license including hands-on experience in a maintenance focused role, or
- Bachelors Degree within relevant Engineering discipline
- Management experience/aptitude, ability to mentor and develop training plans for other service technicians.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize many different projects and workload.
- Experience using CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) to plan proactive maintenance and record reactive tasks.
- Experience with contractor management.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize different projects and workload.
- Highly self-motivated and customer-centric.
- Solid foundational knowledge of PLC based controls systems.
Acknowledgement Of Country
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected attributes.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.