IT Support Engineer I (WH)
Amazon is seeking motivated and hardworking individuals to fill an IT Support Engineer position for our IT Warehouse in Dubai. This role supports IT Offices throughout Middle East, providing either asset replenishment or procedural support.
The successful IT Support Engineer will be responsible for utilizing her/his skills to prepare hardware and provide assistance to the operations team in resolving technical problems within the Warehouse that cover a multitude of technical disciplines. This position is the second level of support for the operations of the Warehouse and serves as a resource to Junior Technicians while also acting as a representative of the IT department to internal customers. Amazon seeks individuals who are willing to Work Hard, Have Fun, and join us in making Worldwide History.
The successful IT Support Engineer will be customer focused and motivated by team success. You will be innovative, energetic, and able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with a high volume of requests. You will also be committed, flexible, and demonstrate the ability to maintain high levels of productivity while maintaining quality support.
Key job responsibilities
- Preparation, allocation, and maintenance of IT equipment throughout the Warehouse for both internal use and shipment to customers. This includes imaging and setup of devices, troubleshooting of all IT related equipment such as PCs, wireless handheld devices, thin clients, printers and other end user devices. ITSAs are also responsible for small projects within the Warehouse. This position reports directly to the IT manager for the Warehouse.- Work within a team, coordinating activities and supporting multiple concurrent goals
- Diagnose and troubleshoot computer and network problems especially in regard to computer imaging including analyzing the problem, identifying the appropriate resources, testing proposed fixes and following up to ensure the problem has been resolved.
- Informs customer of needed repairs and answers basic questions. Ensures that customer understands and is satisfied with work completed.
- Follow all standard operating procedures (SOP) through the effective use of knowledge management.
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
- Assist with activities to triage and escalate any system or network outage to reduce downtime.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- 1+ years of experience supporting an operating system such as Windows, Macintosh or Linux operating systems
- Proficiency supporting office productivity applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Experience with PC imaging
- Experience with hardware troubleshooting
- Experience with IT Asset management and inventory management
- Experience in maintaining inventory levels including receiving, storage, and auditing
- Experience using a trouble ticket management system
- Experience with basic scripting and process automation.
- Ability to manage multiple customer requests simultaneously
- 2+ years of experience in help-desk or desk-side environment
- Strong verbal skills proven and ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
To apply for this job please visit amazon.jobs.