Stores and Corporate PR Manager
This is a temporary role for one year.
Amazon is seeking a self-motivated, highly organised, and creative communications professional to manage Stores and Corporate PR Amazon in Saudi Arabia, supporting across wider Middle East and North Africa (MENA) PR as needed. The individual can either be based in Riyadh or Dubai, and will be part of the wider MENA Stores and Corporate PR team.
The individual will develop and lead local PR campaigns that increase awareness and build momentum around new and established products and services, generate excitement for large scale shopping occasions, and demonstrate the value customers get while shopping on Amazon. The individual will help deliver strategies to build Amazon’s reputation and thought leadership in Saudi Arabia, in addition to implementing campaigns that demonstrate all the ways Amazon is a force for good for the economy and community.
The successful candidate will have 10+ years of experience in consumer and corporate PR with a proven track record of planning and delivering creative digital PR campaigns; a strong understanding of the current media/social media landscapes; best-in-class local media contacts; experience of delivering successful influencer campaigns, utilising both organic and paid routes; and experience of delivering measurable results in both key brand and commercial metrics. They should be a strategic thinker and enjoy working in a fast-paced, start-up culture, and roll up their sleeves to get the job done independently with the obsessive attention to quality and detail.
Key job responsibilities
• Manage Stores and Corporate PR for Saudi Arabia including the development and delivery of all PR plans and campaign executions.
• Support content development and review needs in Arabic and English across (but not limited to) press releases, talking points, briefing documents, case studies, and other collateral for the media that advance Amazon strategic priorities in Saudi Arabia.
• Lead day-to-day contact and relationship building with key reporters for the business area, in order to promote Amazon’s reputation in Saudi Arabia. The individual will work to generate impactful coverage, influence reporting and will be responsible to drive story ideation to media placement.
• Utilise media/industry/customer insights to inform strategies and best practices.
• Successfully manage complex, fast-moving, and unexpected communications challenges and issues / media inquiries related to the business.
• Manage influencer relationships and campaigns in Saudi Arabia, identifying the right influencers / content creators to collaborate with across PR campaigns, managing the process from brief to execution
• Support the management of @AmazonKSA social calendar and deliver PR-driven social media focused content/campaigns in Saudi Arabia.
• Establish strong working relationships with internal stakeholder teams – both locally and globally – including retail, marketing, and other PR peers.
• Work closely with multiple team members, as well as agency partners, to support the successful delivery of proactive PR campaigns.
• Work to regularly monitor results throughout campaign execution, making recommendations for continuous improvement. Analyse results alongside the team and PR agencies, and package up reports for internal Amazon stakeholders.
• Team player who will roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
• Proactive in the extreme, enjoys taking responsibility and making things happen – often to a tight deadline.
• Analytical and structured with outstanding attention to detail and program management experience.
• Moves fast with strong bias for action but maintains high standards on the work and the results.
• Highly organized and is able to juggle multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
• Pivots quickly and is able to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events which require timely response or turnaround.
• Maintains a high-level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Bachelor’s degree
• At least 10+ years consumer and corporate PR experience in, or focusing on, Saudi Arabia.
• Strong Saudi Arabia media landscape knowledge, and excellent relationships with key local media.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Arabic and English.
• Strong understanding of measuring the impacts and benefits of PR programs.
• Track record of creative thinking, and delivery on major social media/influencer/digital comms campaigns including the use of paid strategies.
• Background in Retail and/or Tech industries – with a preference to multinational organizations.
• Track record of working with, and successfully evaluating, innovative new formats and testing new and emerging channels.
• Experience in using the latest media/social media monitoring and analysis tools and platforms.
• Issues management experience including development of messaging and Q&A documents.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.