Senior Technical Solution Integration Consultant
About the job
FICO (NYSE: FICO) is a leading global analytics software company, helping businesses in 90+ countries make better decisions. Join our world-class team today and fulfill your career potential!
The Senior Technical Solution Integration Consultant will work on the implementation of the FICO software at financial institutions in EMEA. To be considered for this role you must be technically proficient in J2EE, Rapid Applications Development RAD, Business Rules Management Systems (BRMS) RDBMS and Cloud technology and will work on site or remotely, primarily on UNIX, Linux or Windows platforms. You will form part of a team that will manage the entire implementation process from project inception to the point the client goes live. Close interaction and collaboration with our clients are key to ensuring customer satisfaction and success for both our clients and FICO.
What You Will Do
- Design of the entire technical solution
- Technical Lead for the FICO engagement, coordinating all technical effort with more junior and offshore technical team members.
- Assist in Integration of the FICO suite of products with backend client systems.
- Consult on installation and configuration of FICO software.
- Consult on installation and configuration of J2EE Application Servers such as WebSphere, JBoss and WebLogic
- Advanced configuration and performance troubleshooting of RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server or DB2
- On and off-site support for FICO products for the duration of the project
- Delivering consultancy on FICO technology and related platforms
- Delivering ‘health-checks’ on existing installations
- Advise on configuration of in-house test systems.
- Balancing multiple high-profile projects simultaneously. Easily switch from one agenda to another.
- Producing effort estimates for existing clients or prospects
- Producing technical design and specification documents
- Understanding and communicating both business and technical objectives from multiple perspectives including client view, internal development view, and operational and support view.
- Seeking out clarification and examples when necessary.
- Constantly seeking out and improving product and technical knowledge.
- Constantly seeking out, contributing and implementing ideas for process improvements, more efficient use of resources, product enhancements, improved communications and quicker issue-resolution.
- Participating in quality assurance test planning, technical publications development, system design sessions, implementation planning, and other phases of software development lifecycle as needed.
- Building relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders from senior executive to support desk. Leveraging these relationships effectively to validate assumptions, acquire useful information, negotiate among competing objectives, resolve issues, manage change, agree to direction and achieve consensus.
- Coordinating effort with offshore teams.
- Ensuring completion of high-quality deliverables within time-constraints.
- Facilitating discussions remotely (via teleconference) to obtain approval on the requirements from all stakeholders.
What We Are Seeking
- Technically related degree, BSC Hons 2:2 or above or equivalent work experience
- Extensive experience of working in IT on multiple platforms (Unix, Linux or Windows) either supporting or implementing client/server solutions.
- Excellent communication and client facing skills.
- Demonstrated exposure to Service-Oriented Architecture
- Demonstrated exposure to cloud deployments and technology.
- Excellent systems administration skills on one of the following platforms: Unix, Linux or Windows
- Excellent systems administration skills on WAS, JBoss or WebLogic
- Database administration skills on one of the following RDBMSs: Oracle, SQL Server or DB2
- Skills in Java programming
- Excellent SQL skills.
- Excellent shell scripting skills
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Good understanding of J2EE principals and Java programing
- Good understanding of High Availability configurations
- Good understanding of internet/web technologies such as HTML, SSL, TCP/IP, XML, SOAP, REST, JSON, etc.
- Excellent technical writing and business communications skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills, comfortable and successful establishing professional relationships especially remotely (electronic, phone, written…)
- Demonstrated ability to meet critical time-sensitive objectives, emphasis on planning skills.
- Excellent team participant
- Ability to coordinate a small (1-5 members) technical team.
- Excellent understanding to Object Oriented Design (OOD)
- Business Rules Management Systems (advantageous)
- Originations (advantageous)
- Account Management (advantageous)
- Cloud technology (advantageous)
Our Offer To You
- We operate various incentive plans to recognise and drive performance; we will supply details applicable to this opportunity on a 1:1 basis.
- Employee benefits in line with local market practice are offered in each FICO location, relevant details will be supplied on a 1:1 basis.
- Flexible working practices, a lucrative base salary and enhanced family leave policies.
- A culture and work environment strongly reflecting our core values: Act Like an Owner, Delight Our Customers and Earn the Respect of Others.
- Opportunities to give back to your community, social events with colleagues.
Why Make a Move to FICO?
At FICO, you can develop your career with a leading organization in one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today – Big Data analytics. You’ll play a part in our commitment to help businesses use data to improve every choice they make, using advances in artificial intelligence, machine learning, predictive and prescriptive modeling, and much more.
FICO makes a real difference in the way businesses operate worldwide:
- Credit Scoring — 150+ billion FICO Scores have been sold to date, making it the most used credit score in the world.
- Fraud Detection and Security — 2.6+ billion payment cards globally are protected by FICO fraud systems.
- Lending — 3/4 of US mortgages are approved using the FICO Score.
- Anti-Money Laundering — our solutions check more than half a billion transactions a day to prevent criminal schemes such as terrorist financing
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.