Sr. Manager, Workplace Incident Management
The Sr. Manager Workplace Incident Management will lead the workplace violence program supporting all global geographies. Sr. Manager, Workplace Incident Management a member of the Critical Incident Operations leadership team located in Amazon’s Global Security Operations Center. The candidate will lead the establishment of workplace violence policy, training, and standards, and ensure all aspects of the program are pursuant with industry best practices.
The Sr. Manager, Workplace Incident Management will regularly report (verbally and in writing) to senior leadership and partners in the field, to create, advocate, and execute the global WIM strategy. The position will be a subject matter expert in investigative techniques and workplace violence prevention strategies, and will develop and conduct training to share knowledge with business partners across the Americas. The Sr. Manager, WIM will frequently and consistently communicate with a multi-dimensional / cross-organization threat assessment team and will make recommendations to leadership and the field on violence risk and workplace violence prevention initiatives. The position will develop audit strategies to ensure compliance with company policy and industry best practices. The successful candidate will have strong problem-solving skills, the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of internal and external partners, think globally, develop others, and have the desire to work in an innovative and ever-changing environment.
The position is based in Goodyear, AZ.
Key job responsibilities
· Lead a team of subject matter experts on workplace violence risk management and violence prevention techniques
· Assist sites in the identification, assessment, response, and mitigation of workplace violence
· Develop training to promote workplace violence awareness and response procedures
· Create policy and standards, and ensure all aspects of the program align with industry best practices
· Work independently, with a wide range of business partners, and with highly confidential content
· Develop audit processes and enforce findings
· Develop detailed understanding of the current state and provide strategic direction globally
· Communicate and make recommendations on mitigation strategies at the senior leadership level
· 20-25% travel required (domestic); may increase at times
· Bachelor’s degree in security, psychology, or related field or 5+ years of work experience
· 5+ years of experience in conducting workplace violence investigations across a diverse employee population
· Knowledge of workplace violence industry best practices and violence prevention techniques
· Experience in developing and analyzing metrics reporting
· Demonstrated ability to influence others to apply skills and techniques to solve dynamic problems
· Experience in coaching, training, and mentoring indirect or direct reports
· Knowledge of national standards of workplace violence program management
. Strategic thinker with the ability to see/understand the big picture
· Ability to learn and use data and analysis tools
· Must have in-depth understanding of fulfillment and customer service operation
· Knowledge of ASIS National Standard for Workplace Violence and Management
· Experience interviewing victims and persons of interest
· Lean Six Sigma and/or Green/Black Belt Certified
· Certified Threat Manager certification (CTM)
· Must have strong oral and written communication skills
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.