Human Resources Business Partner (PARH) – Human Resources Business Partner
** Please note that this role has a shift start time of 5am Monday through Friday.** At
Amazon, we are working to become the company most customer-centric in the world. To achieve this, we need exceptionally talented, bright and motivated people. If you want to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to do something historic. We are looking for a dynamic and organized self-starter to join our Human Resources department as an HR Business Partner.
The HR Business Partner is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides comprehensive HR support to our Amazon Fulfillment Centers. This role is critical in implementing our people initiatives, providing excellent internal customer support, and improving HR processes and functional excellence.
Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to understand business objectives and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to continuously improve business objectives, productivity and HR development within the company
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the “pulse” of employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Experience with a fast-paced and complex work environment
- Executive level coaching and mentoring
- Success in creating and implementing effective development, employee relations, retention and rewards programs
- Be an enthusiastic team player with a strong desire to create a positive work environment
For us, the key strengths are:
- flexibility, fantastic communication skills and a lot of motivation
- The ability to be comfortable with a high workload and not be afraid to “roll up your sleeves”
- Focus on strong solutions and be comfortable in an environment that demands strong deliverables as well as the ability to identify issues and find appropriate solutions
- Strong internal and external customer service orientation
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously – results driven
- A bias for action, a strong work ethic and the desire to achieve excellence
- Must be able to interact with all levels of the organization
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
Are you a seasoned HR leader that is adventurous, innovative, able to move at the speed of light, and interested in using your HR skills to help evolve the way we serve our customers? Are you interested in being part of an HR organization that operates as a business, starts with our customers and works backward to deliver meaningful products to our business? Are you passionate about changing customer’s lives for the better? Are you passionate about leading and developing a team of HR professionals? If this sounds exciting to you, then consider joining us as an HR Business Partner II, in our Worldwide Operations HR team!
This role will partner with business leaders to develop and execute HR strategies focused on talent management, organizational effectiveness, workforce planning, and employee engagement. In addition, they will own programs that run across the broader HR team. To be successful in this role, you must understand business priorities and translate them into the highest impact work. You will help business leaders look around corners with data-driven recommendations that improve performance, retention, and the overall employee experience.
To succeed, you will need a flexible skill set, including the ability to think strategically, execute tactically, and collaborate across many teams, levels, and situations.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Work in an environment which demands strong deliverables along with the ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Maintain effective internal and external customer service focus
- Understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development of HR within the company
- Understand the entire talent system and each stage of the employee life-cycle and applies that understanding to craft integrated solutions that are thoughtful and reinforced by upstream and downstream talent programs
- Interface at all levels of the organization
- Operate with autonomy and discretion.
- Successfully monitor the “pulse” of the employees to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Support a 24/7 environment that has multiple shifts and a significant staffing ramp during our seasonal peak in the fourth quarter. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes nights, weekends and holidays.
Success in this role will require influential partnership with middle and senior management within the organization to execute the HR strategies that foster organizational and people effectiveness. The individual in this role must understand business priorities and translate them into an HR agenda that supports the business as it grows.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
3+ years of experience partnering with human resources
Experience supporting hourly employee customer groups
Experience in a call center, distribution center or manufacturing environment
Strong communication skills verbal and written, in French and English
Since this role requires the employee to interact with other Amazon entities worldwide as well as with employees and stakeholders in other Canadian provinces, knowledge of French and English is required for this position.
Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university
3+ years of human resources generalist experience
Experience supporting hourly employee client groups
Experience in a call center, distribution center, or manufacturing environment
Demonstrated experience managing and leading employees
Due to the nature of the role that requires interaction with other Amazon entities globally and with Amazon employees and stakeholders in other provinces in Canada, bilingualism French and English is required for this position.
Master’s degree or MBA in HRM preferred
Resume that demonstrates steady progress in human resources management over the past 2 years
Human resources experience in Fortune 500 companies.
Good working knowledge of French and English
Master’s Degree or MBA in HRM
Proficiency with HRIS System
Human Resources experience with fortune 500 companies
Good working knowledge of French and English
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.