Principal Solutions Architect
AWS Specialist Solutions Architects (SSAs) are technologists with deep domain-specific expertise, able to address advanced concepts and feature designs. SSAs work with customers who have complex challenges that require expert-level knowledge to solve. SSAs craft scalable, flexible, and resilient technical architectures that address those challenges. This might involve guiding customers as they refactor an application or designing entirely new cloud-based systems.
Specialist SAs play a critical role in capturing customer feedback, advocating for roadmap enhancements, and anticipating customer requirements as they work backwards from their needs. As domain experts, SSAs also participate in field engagement and enablement, producing content such as whitepapers, blogs, and workshops for customers, partners, and the AWS Technical Field.
Database Specialist Solutions Architects combine technical skills in Databases, business acumen, and technical sales skills. They are focused on supporting customers throughout the engagement lifecycle and work closely with the teams that support implementation including AWS Professional Services and Partners. SSAs unblock customers and help them get to production faster. Joining AWS as a Specialist Solutions Architect will give you opportunities to work on interesting and challenging problems, collaborate with a group of skilled practitioners focused on delivering outcomes for our customers, and be part of a diverse and inclusive community committed to being Earth’s Best Employer.
SSAs are part of the Worldwide Specialist Organization (WWSO) which builds and executes go-to-market plans that turn AWS ideas into multi-billion-dollar businesses. Our teams include business development, specialist sales, and specialist solutions architecture, working together to provide customer-obsessed solutions that help people run their businesses more effectively. We pride ourselves on thinking big, delivering exceptional results for our customers, and working across AWS as #OneTeam
This position is based anywhere in the United Kingdom. Offices located in London and Manchester.
Key job responsibilities
- You will promote technical readiness and capability of AWS database services by driving organizational and global initiatives in industry segments such as Automotive, Healthcare Lifesciences, and Global Financial Services.
- Collaborate with AWS field sales to support customers with their database workload challenges.
- Represent the voice of the customer to internal teams to drive the best outcomes for customers.
- Thought Leadership – Author, Publish, and Validate content like reference architectures, best practice blogs, and other artifacts
- Capture best-practices from engineering and field teams, share patterns and solutions
- Collaborate with AWS field teams to build a strong worldwide database and analytics community.
A day in the life
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 13 employee-led affinity groups, innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
About the team
The WWSO Data Solutions Architecture Team positions AWS as the best place to run database workloads, providing a secure, reliable, and scalable infrastructure, as well as helping customers migrate databases to the AWS cloud. As a Specialist Solutions Architect on the team, you will own technical engagements, define implementation architectures, and be a database technology subject-matter-expert for customer solutions and technical architectures. By advancing successful customer outcomes on AWS—such as more scalable, resilient, and cost-efficient architectures—we enable customers to shift their IT resources to focus on innovation.
- Experience in solutions architecture or equivalent experience, with Business acumen and technical sales skills.
- Experience with Relational and Non-Relational Database implementation.
- Experience in Operations and/or solution deployment in a business-critical, high-availability context.
- Experience in decision-maker engagement.
- Experience in technical thought leadership within infrastructure or cloud-computing industries.
- College/University degree or equivalent experience
- Technical Cloud Certification
- Strong ability to lead large organization or multi-country initiatives while driving clarity and delivering outcomes with complete independence
- Proven ability to deliver significantly complex solutions that evolve to improve and support changing business goals
- Ability to grow a culture of collaboration and inclusion by educating others, influencing strategic direction, and actively developing the AWS SA community
- Experience in effectively communicating with a diverse audience through different communication forums (narrative documents, speaking events, executive leadership meetings)
- Track record of building rapport and close relationships with senior customer executives (e.g. C- – Suite or direct reports of C-Suite)
- Ability to motivate, encourage, and coach others to develop strong relationship building and
solution architecture skills
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.