Brand Specialist Internship (m/w/d)
We’re on the lookout for the curious, those who think big and want to define the world of tomorrow. At Amazon, you will grow into the high impact, visionary person you know you’re ready to be. Every day will be filled with exciting new challenges, developing new skills, and achieving personal growth. How often can you say that your work changes the world? At Amazon, you’ll say it often. Join us and define tomorrow.
The Amazon EU Student Programs Team is looking for ambitious interns to join our fast-paced world on our Amazon Vendor Services in Germany Munich.
Amazon Vendor Services (AVS) is a paid B2B service that aims to help strategic brands partner with Amazon to grow their business.
As a Brand Specialist, you will gain 360-degree exposure to all areas of e-commerce at a European level, owning the relationship with your brand and structuring with them a short- and long-term strategy oriented at brand’s growth and Customer Satisfaction. You will act as consultant driving selection and promotional activities, monitor and work on success metrics on a daily basis, and ensure the brand’s experience of the AVS service is at the highest level and reaching millions of customers.
Furthermore, you will help shaping the general AVS community/service by owning your own projects working together with different stakeholders to implement new ideas and processes within Amazon. Collaborating with key retail functions such as (Product) Category Management, Supply chain management, Finance and Marketing, you will own and drive, besides others, the below crucial business areas.
Key job responsibilities:
· Business Advice: Use your knowledge in deep data analytics to identify business opportunities and provide recommendations to improve overall business performance
· Selection: Help grow selection by managing the launch of new products and improving discoverability. Identify product gaps, onboard the new products and be responsible for the ramp up of these products
· Availability: Drive supply-chain operational excellence initiatives by reducing costs, defects, lead times, and by managing stock in our fulfilment centre.
· Traffic: Provide recommendations for the brand’s marketing and advertising campaigns to promote new products, increase traffic and improve conversion
· Conversion: Plan, implement and manage promotional activities for our many events such as Prime Day where you will help your brands generating sales or even create new deal events to make our customers happy.
Next to the experiences you will gain as a brand specialist intern, you will own projects to shape the future of your team within Amazon which will be defined together with your manager. Sample projects can be creating and driving process initiatives on a pan-EU level, working on CX projects by performing benchmark analysis, deriving recommendations and own the implementation as well as building own tools that will support the teams in their daily work.
A day in the life
Being an intern at Amazon is the starting point to accelerating your professional growth within a global leader in e-commerce. At Amazon, you will continuously evolve and improve by owning your brands and developing your own projects from which Amazon and its customers can benefit. From day 1, you will have full responsibility for your vendors and projects which will help you develop yourself further and build a unique set of skills. You will dive deep to understand root causes, analyse data to come up with recommendations, take ownership and drive innovation for our customers. You are the owner of your career with Amazon supporting you in every step. We value our interns and want them to explore as much as possible within Amazon. Your internship can be the first step for a career at Amazon. Let’s define tomorrow together.
About the team
Are you looking for a young, diverse and international environment? We want you to feel welcomed, included and valued right from the start. Amazon offers you the chance to build up your own network on a European level by participating in community events such as team activities or by joining some of our affinity groups. During your time at Amazon, you will work with your local office team, your EU team as well as with our key retail functions. We value our interns and want them to be part of the team. This internship can be the start of your career at Amazon.
If you’re insatiably curious and always want to learn more, then you’ve come to the right place.
Depending on your location, country, job status and other requirements, some or all of the following benefits may be available to you as an intern.
• Competitive pay
• Impactful project and internship/role deliverables
• Hybrid working (team dependent)
• Networking opportunities with fellow interns
• Internships events such as speaker series, intern panels, Leadership Principles sessions, Amazon writing skills sessions.
• Mentorship and career development
If you’re successful during your internship, you could be considered for a graduate role after finishing your university studies
Internship start dates vary throughout the year.
Internship length can vary between (3month – 6 months)
This job application is for the location Berlin. If you are interested in joining the team in Munich apply here:
Applications and Assessment Process: Selected candidates will be invited to an online assessment, if successful you’ll attend a virtual interview consisting of a combination of interviews and case studies, focusing on our Leadership Principles. This selection process is subject to change and varies on role and location.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and leveraging our unique perspectives to scale our impact and grow. Amazon has 13 affinity groups (https://www.aboutamazon.com/affinity-groups), sometimes known as employee resource groups, which bring employees together across businesses and locations around the world. With executive and company sponsorship, these groups play an important role in building internal networks for creating a community, advising Amazon business units, leading in service projects, and reaching out to communities where Amazonians live and work.
Want to know more about our opportunities? Visit our EMEA Student Programs Team Events page to register for one of our upcoming events: https://amazonstudentevents.splashthat.com/careers
• Currently enrolled as a student receiving a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree for the complete duration of the employment as an intern.
• Fluent written and verbal communication in German (Level – C1 or higher) and English (Level – C1 or higher)
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Results-driven focus with analytical capability
- Ability to innovate and simplify current processes and practices
- Strong direct sales skills and a proven track record of performance
- Experience working with clients
- High affinity towards data and technology with ability to dive deep and analyze opportunities and processes
Amazon values knowledge of Accessibility in relation to its products, devices, services, websites or environments, so as to be usable by people with disabilities.
EMEA Student Programs Team
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.