Senior Solutions Architect
Senior Solutions Architect, Defence Sector, Government of Canada, National Security and Defence
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a highly skilled and motivated Senior Solutions Architect to help design and deliver advanced cloud computing solutions to the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces across Canada. You will be a member of a dynamic team, bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technology to solve difficult and impactful challenges. You will be a key member of the business development and sales team and part of the larger AWS Worldwide Public Sector team.
As a Senior Solutions Architect, you will partner with customers, sales, and other AWS technical teams to craft highly secure and resilient architectures that address customer mission challenges. As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud solutions. You will seek out opportunities to broaden the use of AWS across customer organizations.
The ideal candidate will possess customer-facing skills that will allow them to represent AWS within a customer’s environment, present cloud computing concepts and architectures to diverse audiences, and drive discussions with technical and non-technical customer personnel at all levels of an organization. They should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, mission, product, complex architectures, and technical challenges from a customer perspective.
About the team
Solutions Architects are regarded as technical “thought leaders” who evangelize emerging technologies not only on a conceptual level, but also on a practical. Our SA’s have over the years played a critical role in the widespread adoption and advancement of cloud computing capabilities within the public sector. They think outside of the box to deliver results to our customers and provide solutions that are cost-effective, time-saving, and secure. As an SA, you’ll solve problems at both the mission and technical levels by working backwards from customer requirements.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Ottawa, ON, CAN
– 3+ years of technology/software sales experience
– 10+ years of professional or military experience
– Experience architecting or deploying Cloud/Virtualization solutions in enterprise customers
– Experience in the National Security, Defence, or Public Safety industries
– Experience architecting solutions that require high levels of security and compliance (e.g. Canadian Centre for Cyber Security Medium Cloud Profile)
– Government of Canada Secret Level II clearance or ability to obtain
– AWS Cloud Professional level certifications.
– Past experience working for a National Security, Defence, or Public Safety organization.Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.