Team Lead, Fulfillment Transportation
At Amazon, we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is seeking Team leads for our transportation team. Amazon is one of the most recognizable brand names in the world and we distribute millions of products each year to our loyal customers
We’re seeking a Team lead for our Sort center. In this role you will be responsible for shift operations at our SCs and support the SC shift manager in performance management and driving the operational plan.
Key job responsibilities
• Defining, building and responsible for the execution of transportation processes, right from FC to customers and leveraging our Sort Center network.
• Measures performance, provides feedback, and holds Process Assistants accountable for their performance and the performance of their functions.
• Takes proactive steps to ensure that best practices are shared across all departments, shifts and among the network.
• Responsible for Hiring, training and building up a highly motivated workforce for the SC teams, with support from HR and training team, to meet the operational requirements, and continuously meeting the high bar on quality and productivity.
• Coordinate with Finance, CS, FC and Projects team to matters related to SC operations.
• Continuously improve the SC process and attain a sustained level of performance standard. Initiates improvements to enhance quality standards, reduce waste, and eliminate unnecessary work.
• Analysis of the data reports to identify performance bottlenecks and improve the performance.
• Able to address operational and personnel issues affecting functional area.
• Implement the formal process control and process improvement mechanisms
• Must be flexible to work any shift 7 days/24 hours including Holidays
• Supervisory responsibility for a minimum of 100 hourly employees
• Graduation must
• People management experience. Experience in handling team is highly desirable.
• Knowledge of city topography and road network is an added advantage
• Ability to learn quickly and work under high pressure in a fast-paced dynamic environment
• MBA desirable.
• Experience in process improvement preferred with additional benefits for knowledge of specific methodologies such has Six Sigma, Kaizen etc.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.