Procurement Category Manager Intern
Amazon is looking for a talented, customer-obsessed and open minded Intern to work with our vendor management and procurement team based in Singapore to learn and help with our day-to-day functions and execute on opportunities to continually raise the bar in our organisation. This role offers the unique opportunity to gain insight into the Data Centre industry working with AWS infrastructure teams and service vendors across APJC. Our team ensures competitive availability of 3rd party resources to perform service to the highest safety & quality standards in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner. We work in procuring Network cabling and Services for Critical Infrastructure Upgrade Projects.
Day to day tasks include:
- Preparing and managing requests for pricing.
- Quote Analysis.
- Preparing for vendor business and performance reviews.
- Vendor selection and onboarding.
- Helping with demand forecasting & Vendor Capacity Tracking.
- Supporting contract negotiations.
- Engage with our internal customers across APJC on their procurement needs.
- Identifying and executing on opportunities to implement more efficient processes or improve the performance of our vendors.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized and have a demonstrated track record of achieve successful customer focused outcomes, take ownership, ability to learn fast and think big. The candidate is analytical, meticulous, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and has good communication skills with the ability to handle ambiguity and influence employees at all levels of the organization.
Note: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
As part of the application requirement, please submit a one-page response following the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Response) on either one of the following question:
1. Tell me about a situation when you have needed to learn fast to help a customer or stakeholder?
2. Has there ever been a situation when you have needed to change someone’s mind on an ambiguous problem or you needed to change your thinking?
- Penultimate year student working towards a Bachelor’s degree, graduating between December 2023 and August 2024
- Able to commit to a full-time internship for 6-months between Jul to Dec 2023
- Candidates must have a valid work authorisation for Singapore
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel Pivots, Power Pivots, Macros etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated to work proactively on tasks
- Data driven and comfortable to work on data analyst tasks
- Great team player
- Interest in procurement, SRM and category management.
- Familiarity with procurement management concepts – supplier qualification, due diligence, category management, RFI/RFQ/RFP, SRM, SBR/360 reviews.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-moving environment, to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workload even when faced with conflicting priorities – Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand accounting, account payable teams and their processes.
- Attention to detail, ability to do in-depth data mining, methodical approach to work while also seeking to understand the big picture.
- Result driven with the ability to innovate and simplify current process and practices.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.