Regional Continuous Improvement Manager
Amazon Australia is seeking a Regional Continuous Improvement Manager to drive process stabilization, standardization and continuous improvement for the AU Customer Fulfillment Network.
This role is essential to establish best in class network performance across all process paths, accelerate implementation of technological advancements and to strengthen the technical acumen and process knowledge for the operational leaders across the Fulfillment Centre (FC) network. As AU continues to rapidly grow the FC footprint and infuse the organisation with new talent, we need to ensure the operations teams are equipped with the functional expertise to successfully deliver expected gains for technology advances and network wide process improvements.
The role would drive process control and shifting mean performance with the outcome of minimising variation between shifts, building and region, to deliver strong OP performance. The role will work closely with the Amazon Customer Excellence Systems (ACES), launch teams, operations engineering and reliability and maintenance (RME) teams to improve the input metrics for each of the process paths by prioritising and channeling resources to address gaps in these input metrics.
Key job responsibilities
- Execute network level packaging improvement initiatives with a cost and sustainability focus, working in close proximity with ACES and Procurement teams.
- Execute targeted standardisation initiatives across the Australian network and then monitor and communicate results with senior stakeholders clearly.
- Ability to travel is essential in this role, with 40% travel estimated.
- Support ACES with process improvement projects to deploy across the Australian network.
• Degree from an accredited institution
- Degree from an accredited institution
- Experience from Industrial Engineering, Business Process Engineering, Quality, Operations or Logistics
- Project Portfolio Management experience
- Cost variation/Cost saving experience within a similar industry
- Strong professional experience with Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies
- Relevant knowledge of change management and continuous improvement methodologies
- Strong ability interpreting & communicating analytics and presenting to senior leadership
- Excellent communication skills and detail orientation
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to motivate a team
Amazon offers employees in the operations team a competitive remuneration package, including participation in the company stock plan as applicable. We also look after our people with benefits, such as Group Life and Salary Continuance insurance, highly subsidized private health insurance, Amazon Employee Discount, and up to 20 weeks paid parental leave, amongst others.
Acknowledgement of country:
In the spirit of reconciliation Amazon acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples today.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.