Customer Solutions Manager Intern
Are you passionate about improving processes with technical, cloud based tools? Do you enjoy helping others navigate new experiences? Do you enjoy using your technical acumen, program management, and communication skills to problem solve, deliver results? As an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Associate Customer Solutions Manager (CSM) Intern you will work with a team of CSMs responsible for helping customers adopt AWS tools into their business.
At AWS, a CSM works with customers and AWS leadership, driving collaboration between multiple teams, including sales, solutions architects, professional service consultants and support teams, to plan and support workload migrations in a step by step manner.
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
Key job responsibilities
Successful candidates will have a technical background, problem solving abilities, be detail driven, and have great communication skills. You should be passionate about delivering a great customer experience while contributing to the day-to-day management of the customer’s successful migration to AWS.
As a CSM intern, you will receive AWS technical training, immerse yourself in cloud computing develop business acumen, and learn more about Amazon culture. You will work on projects with mentors and peers, complete the AWS Cloud Practitioner Certification and attend professional development events.
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. For an update on your status, or to confirm your application was submitted successfully, please login to your candidate portal. Please note that we are reviewing a high volume of applications and appreciate your patience.
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• Currently enrolled in an Associate or greater degree program (e.g., Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree)
• Experience in one or more technology domains, including but not limited to: Networking fundamentals, Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows)
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to both large and small audiences
- Experience implementing a cloud-based technology solution in a school project or while working for a company
- Experience with one or more of the following domains: Analytics, Security, Storage, DevOps, Application Development, or Machine Learning
- Awareness of AWS or cloud computing
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and apply new technologies
- Experience in program and project management fundamentals
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
To apply for this job please visit www.amazon.jobs.